03 RF Lancer amp swap. Punch replaces Power series.

I'd be like...boots of MFR.... You are kicking serval hundered dollars there! I give demos and warm people of the kick panel speakers but not many riders! Finished driver side venting of kick panel and man it sounds good. I will post pics soon.

So i did the driver side today and still took over 4 hrs but its done and with great results having both sides vented out. I can turn the subs off and still have nice midbass playing up front. I can only imagine 8s up front in that small car.

Here are some pics of what i did. This side turn out better but both side work very well.

Driversidemidbassupgrade002_zpsa5258a04.

This is how it was after i installed the kick panel last winter.

Driversidemidbassupgrade003_zpsc54a8157.

Marked out pattern to center punch starts for drill bit and started drilling with small bit.

Driversidemidbassupgrade004_zps4be6991d.

Then a larger bit.

Driversidemidbassupgrade005_zps1bc36c52.

And another bit.

Driversidemidbassupgrade006_zpsa8ac7d25.

And another bit!

Driversidemidbassupgrade007_zpsbc7464b6.

And then remove. Now it took some time to dremel it all smooth....ish!

Driversidemidbassupgrade008_zps8e26051f.

Sound deadened and ready to rewire.

Driversidemidbassupgrade009_zps9671548c.

Damn! pic came out blurry!

Driversidemidbassupgrade001_zpsdf1be159.

And reinstalled.

You Ninja'd me.. I Came back to ask for more pics and finished shots. But you beat me to it.

Your kicks give me a better idea of how I could possibly make it work for me... I like how they are lower and still the possibility for leg room over and around it.

Nice work on creating more enclosure too.. Looks like you made it work with what you had, and very nice getting the output you were looking for. That's always a bonus after cutting up your ride lol.

So does it sound better??

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

stupid double

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

You Ninja'd me.. I Came back to ask for more pics and finished shots. But you beat me to it.

Your kicks give me a better idea of how I could possibly make it work for me... I like how they are lower and still the possibility for leg room over and around it.

Nice work on creating more enclosure too.. Looks like you made it work with what you had, and very nice getting the output you were looking for. That's always a bonus after cutting up your ride lol.

Thanks Buddy, when i fiberglassed them i angeled them thinking of a midrange speaker and not a midbass speaker. If i had to to it again i would make them large enough for 8" and keep them flat. I dont mind cutting up a $2500 car, and the improvement was well worth it.

Too funny, i was just going to check you build out! Thanks for the kind words buddy.

Yes.... way better. Before it was a muddy midrange because it had to little room for the driver to move. Now it sounds as good as the T3s in the doors if not better. No rattles just great midbass up on the freq.

It wont be until this winter when i switch CDTs in beacuse i need to do a tear down, remove seats to run RCAs, speaker wires, ect. Now i have to decide if i fiberglass 1 or 2 6.5s for each door. I think one per door would work, but i know me and i would want 2 down the road so might as well do 2 now!

Yes.... way better. Before it was a muddy midrange because it had to little room for the driver to move. Now it sounds as good as the T3s in the doors if not better. No rattles just great midbass up on the freq.

It wont be until this winter when i switch CDTs in beacuse i need to do a tear down, remove seats to run RCAs, speaker wires, ect. Now i have to decide if i fiberglass 1 or 2 6.5s for each door. I think one per door would work, but i know me and i would want 2 down the road so might as well do 2 now!

I def agree you should do 2 in each!

Take it from a guy who spent more than 3 months on doors and am now completely redoing it for 2 in each. Lol

Plus IMO doors look a lot more bad ass with multiple speakers

Damn, talk about dedication, drilling all them holes is something I would not begin to do to make it sound better, lol, just me. I love that you did, I love that you're that dedicated, and I am very glad that there is results and that you are happy with them. Keep on man...

EDIT: When you were told to cut that layer of metal out I was like *I don't see what he's talking about cutting out* (of course work computer is complete garbage for pictures) but now I see you were thinking outside the box and really cut shit out, lol, just plain awesome

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Archived