03 RF Lancer amp swap. Punch replaces Power series.

I would of used my tin snips to cut that out. Holy crap drilling all thoes holes must have been a pain. Great job though. :)

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

I would of used my tin snips to cut that out. Holy crap drilling all thoes holes must have been a pain. Great job though. :)

Tin snips.... Are you Fing kidding! lol No room and metal had 3 layers at the bottom. Yes drilling was a pain in the ass... As is most car audio upgrades in a small car or truck. Did it all outside for a total of 10 hrs this weekend. Sucks not having a garage.

Tin snips.... Are you Fing kidding! lol No room and metal had 3 layers at the bottom. Yes drilling was a pain in the ass... As is most car audio upgrades in a small car or truck. Did it all outside for a total of 10 hrs this weekend. Sucks not having a garage.

I use snips everyday so my forearm and hands are pretty tough. I also have left and right snips to make it easy..

If that doesn't work I have a little air body saw that works pretty good.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Ya the air saw would have worked well, small air grinder. But i used what i had and i got er dun! lol If i had a garage i would have all that good stuff. Carports suck! lol

• 3 weeks later...

Well after working 70+ hrs a week i finally got to get started on fiberglassing passanger door. Everything went well but the wrapping of the fleece and will cause a bit more filler time but with power sanders it will be much faster than my kick panels.

Goal is to have both doors done by fall so this winter i can install midbass in the kick panels and put both midrange drivers in the doors.

Fiberglassingpassangerdoor2014001_zps7b1

Fiberglassingpassangerdoor2014002_zpsd49

I liked using the dowl rods by drilling holes in the MDF rings and wood gluing them in and then drilling hole in the panel for the rods to slide thru to adjust ring position.

Fiberglassingpassangerdoor2014004_zps380

Fiberglassingpassangerdoor2014005_zpscb2Fiberglassingpassangerdoor2014006_zps8a2Fiberglassingpassangerdoor2014008_zpsc3aFiberglassingpassangerdoor2014009_zps55dFiberglassingpassangerdoor2014010_zpscc8Fiberglassingpassangerdoor2014012_zps9a3Fiberglassingpassangerdoor2014003_zps337

It was an idea and after some great advice i found out IMO 8s should be in the doors, plus with the CDTs in the Kick panels putting out midbass that should be enough. If i could do it over it would be 8s in the kick panels. Plus the 2 6.5 take up just the right amount of room to look good.

Looks good man. Use the filling and sanding as relax time... Get in a nice chair, make a work bench that's just tall enough for you to work at and put on head phones and sand away. At least that's what I like to do..

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Looking good.

I've decided on the t4 comp set maybe 2. Very little difference between them and the t5 set. There is a guy up here with 2 sets of t5 in his front doors t3 in the back and a 2500.1bdcp pushing 2 t2 15. Waiting to get a demo of it. He is always in at my work.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Looks good man. Use the filling and sanding as relax time... Get in a nice chair, make a work bench that's just tall enough for you to work at and put on head phones and sand away. At least that's what I like to do..

Thanks man, ya i am excited now! I put the door panel on and it looks killer with 3 6.5s next toone another. I will post pics tomorrow of fiberglass and door on.

Archived