03 RF Lancer amp swap. Punch replaces Power series.

Hey there, hows it going. Those doors are turning out great, excellent body working. Are those holes on the bottom of the doors what i think they are???

Hey man, now that i can spend some serious time on the build its great! My work pales in comparison to yours but i thin they will look pretty clean when i am done.

And the holes are for the door seals, no fancy lights here. Maybe some day when skill get good enough.

i noticed the the door does not separate except the small pocket and the area where the arm rest is. The rest of the door is a whole one piece. What are your plans for finish on the midrange area? Wrap the whole door in vinyl, texture paint just the speaker section. etc, etc.

Texture and paint med grey if i can find a good match in color. Nothing fancy on this build. It is just a low end Lancer ES. Working on skills for a better car in the future.

When I do my doors ill just be taking it to an upholstery shop and he it done. I know of 2 in anchors that can do some good work.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

When I do my doors ill just be taking it to an upholstery shop and he it done. I know of 2 in anchors that can do some good work.

Right on! For me i want to try the texture and i like to paint. Plus i want to do 99.9% of the work on my car. Hence it being the learning curve ride! lol

Glad I finally looked at this. Its exactly how I want to do my doors, with the speakers "on top" of the door panels, not cut through them.

Nice work.

Thank you sir. I have tried hard to take what i have learned off of here to apply to my ride. Been on here for 3 yrs and try to soak up everything i can. Now i just need a garage to be able to take my time(like a year) to make it the best i can.

I agree and would do all the work but with what I want I know I can't do it all myself.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

About 8 hrs sanding to get finishing touches on door panel. Was down to 320 grit on the filler before priming. Looks good and not sure how perfect it has to be with the texture going on but its smooth.

IMG_1775_zpsd6537531.jpg

IMG_1776_zps427faf10.jpg

IMG_1777_zps027924e3.jpg

IMG_1779_zpsadc43a30.jpg

IMG_1780_zpsfd12f49b.jpg

Tomorrow some fine sanding and filler touch up if needed. Still need to find color match paint.

Looking pretty damn good man!

I also like and share your approach of just soaking it all in and learning to do it all yourself, best way to do it IMO.

Thank man. I am getting pretty excited about it all. Ya 3 years ago i was looking for that "stock look" with good sound. Mainly because i had no experience doing this stuff but started small and now if i had a garage i could really take my time and build some shit. To me this is kind a DGAF ride.

Have ya seen my sons build i started, 94 GMC Serria SLE Z71 TrailMaster . We start that this winter. Told him i doing shit until Electrical is up to par. Singer alt in the near future!

Archived