03 RF Lancer amp swap. Punch replaces Power series.

Could do some sort of flush mount for the amps. Then cover them up to keep them hidden away with a removable piece of carpet.

Nah... To much work. Not a show car by any means and i like it all accessable.

Thanks man, Long work hours with kinda crappy weather and waiting for wire to show up is slowing the motivation down some. Oh i hooked all electrical up couple weekends ago and playing tunes and kept hearing a horrible rattle from the trunk. Come to find out the bass from these new subs and box design is rattling the shit out of my amps, so bad i can hear them from the driver seat. Yuck. Removed amps from back of box and took out the T1500 until i come up with a new mounting plan.

Oh the whole RF things a bummer and that thread is going strong with Steve post alot. I think everyone hase good points. For me i miss my low ass prices from amazon. I wanted another set of T3s for the doors to fiberglass up but they went from $3500 to $600. No fuckin way i am paying that. So that put fiberglassing on hold too.

How father hood? Hows momma and the baby doing? I hope everyone is well! My GF got a 1.25 carrot stone that was 2 points from flawless for a smoking deal, she should have a ring early next week. Maybe my brother got it from amazon? lol

Lol @ ring from amazon... Sounds like a nice rock, you're fiancé should be happy, and hopefully it'll buy ya some leeway for more car audio. :) "diamonds that'll shut her up" hahaha. Ya i thought you guys would like that! And it wont shut her up long enough! lol

Fatherhood is good, he's getting big.. Wishing he could talk already... But I know once he starts talking I'm gonna wish he'd shut up lol jk. I just know I'm gonna have to play answer man to a constant 3 million questions on a daily basis. Ya the 7 yr old asks 4 million questions a day!

Anyway, good to hear bro, and glad things are looking up car audio wise for ya... Leave it to john Rabe to save the day lol :)

Always good to hear from you too. Who the hell is John Rabe? ha ha

Owner of Sky High car Audio

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Build update! Pink Floyde CDs came in and WOW do they sound good on the system. "The Wall" is my favorite, the Bass they put into the music is deep and rich... Love It!

Well my crimper came into today and its sweet as hell! So tomorrow i will be upgrading wire and recrimping ends for grounds. Tool was $99 on amazon but $80 shipping but oh so worth it. Pic to follow after electrical upgrades are done.

Pics of tool & wire.....

Crimperampwire2014001_zps11d32fec.jpg

The Case....

Crimperampwire2014002_zpsc516b944.jpg

The Tool....

Crimperampwire2014003_zps7744026d.jpg

6 Ton crimper!

Crimperampwire2014004_zpsdc8faaf0.jpg

SHCA wire, terminals and heat shrink!

Crimperampwire2014007_zps4c6bf638.jpg

This tool rocks... Head swivles 360 Degrees. Handles extend out another 10". Quality construction with different jaws for crimping. Way excited to try this tool and see how solid crimps improve my electrical.

Nice, waiting for the real update. Ill let you know tomorrow if I can make it to anchorage Sunday.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Nice, waiting for the real update. HUH? Ill let you know tomorrow if I can make it to anchorage Sunday. I have church and my niece is getting married on sunday so i wont be around until later that evening.

I wouldn't get off work until 5pm. Thursdays are my only days off.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

So all the Sound Quest wire from alt to battery is replaced with SHCA wire & lugs. Replaced all ground lugs in trunk and under the hood. Confident now the electrical is as good as it can get. It was late last night when i finished up so i wasnt able to do a real test but i do see voltage up a couple 10th.

Been in communication with mike singer about issues and he basicly said the batterys arent very good and to replace everything with XS. Not now but maybe down the road.

Anyway, pic of old and new wire.

SHCAwireupgrade2014003_zps66d10bea.jpg

This was budget wire and i knew i would upgrade. All other wire is RF runs heading to trunk.

SHCAwireupgrade2014001_zps9f78295c.jpg

I love this tool and the look of the crimp.

SHCAwireupgrade2014002_zpsbbb728da.jpg

Grounds under the hood.

SHCAwireupgrade2014004_zps9eab55d5.jpg

HC600 with new wire.

SHCAwireupgrade2014005_zps79066955.jpg

Ground are double/tripled up under the hood. Metal ground under terminal.

SHCAwireupgrade2014006_zpsff5a0885.jpg

CFN battery terminals are nice, I like this battery set up that i kept all stock on seperate posts and was able to add power and grounds for system. I will want to keep this style set up when i swap out batteries in the future.

SHCAwireupgrade2014007_zpsbfc03aac.jpg

Engine bay.

SHCAwireupgrade2014008_zps4e6b747a.jpg

SHCAwireupgrade2014009_zpsa586beef.jpg

Wow that looks real nice. That crimper tool looks tough. I like the looks of the crimps also. Cool

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Archived