Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

what's a good 1000 rms 12


Recommended Posts

Posted

Sorry if my question seemed noobish, I'm posting from my phone so I can't be very detailed.

That hds312 looks pretty good I'm even considering 2 of them but that ssd looks pretty damn good too.

Im using a mb quart onx1 1000d, 5 Farad cap and optima yellow.

Posted

It comes down to how much space you have available, SoundQubed are output oriented and like big boxes ideally 5 cubes net, even if you have the space you need to decide if you want to give it up, A SSD can be put on a 2.2 cubes net box, if looking for SQL is more adequate, also the MBQ while nice sounding won't put out rated power at 13.8V (probably not even at 14.4V) so even a Fi X could handle that amp.

Posted

2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin

Posted

XFL or SQ

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

Posted

ok so out of the 2 the hds312 looks easier to find and cheaper for recones, I didn't see much about the xfl. but for the price I'm gonna spring for 2 of the hds312's.

xfl and ssd are nice but they are more than I wanna spend. as long as the sq 12s can truely handle close to 1000 rms on there own amps I'm good.

Posted

Stay away from Lanzar they are old stock. Orion owns them now and are not going to be offered much longer in the USA. They are going to marketed to S.A. American Bass is a good choice as well as SQ.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/


th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

Posted

Why piss money away on used gear that needs a recone?

Spend the money and buy something capable of what you want knowing no one else has damaged it to the point of needing a recone.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Posted

I picked up a hx2 power 12 of Croatian like new could look fantastic for $90, it will handle 1000rms and if I want I van recone later for more power.

In other words watch craigslist for good deals.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5772 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...