Sonic Electronix

I know how clever, a plexiglass window in a DC sounds box. I liked the idea Will had so I wont lie this design is definitely inspired by his box.

The plan to keep the plexi from flexing is having it be 3/4 inch plexiglas, and have the back of the box triple baffled. The first 3/4 MDF will be cut a bit bigger than the window, the second piece will be an exact cut out so it fits snug, making the plexi sit flush, then the last baffle will be like the first, cut out a little bit larger, to cover up any silicone/screws/glue used to hold it in place. Now does anyone know where I can get custom cut lexan/plexi?

level5.jpg

Edited by Thewes
teamsundown-1.jpg

Nice, i just wish i had enough room to make a window for my box,,,sigh

1997 S10 EC

Whats in it

106.9 Sq.ft. Hushmat

DB Elec. 250 amp alt.

HC800&HC1400

MLA Module

Alpine 9886

Knukonceptz wires

Clarion EQS746

poopy Alpine door co-ax's

Change IS Coming

question tho, how is the plexi gonna stay in the box? like how are u gonna mount it to it.... dosnt it have to b air tight?.. im kind of confused, i really wanna do something like that, but not too sure how

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

question tho, how is the plexi gonna stay in the box? like how are u gonna mount it to it.... dosnt it have to b air tight?.. im kind of confused, i really wanna do something like that, but not too sure how

Read my first post I explain it the best I can. 3 baffles, plexi llies within the middle one, the first and last are the two lips, lots of screws and silicon, should be air tight and no flex.

teamsundown-1.jpg

Screws and silicon yeaa.

As far as cutting goes...jigsaws work pretty damn well on plexi...the plexi actually melts a bit as it cuts, so what you have to do is after you cut a few inches, run the jigsaw backwards to make sure to knock out the plexi fragments or youll have to go back thru cause theyll melt together again

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall