Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Need help choosing FI sub, by midnight! for black friday


David Mears

Recommended Posts

Posted

in my opinion, my 1 sp4 15 on my dc3.5k is louder than my friends 2 skar vvx 15s on a 2100 hifonics. Sounds a LOT better too

dat all quality shit.

Posted

Heck yeah. Ive seen a video on youtube with your exact system. And it was insane. It was walled off in car though. If i were to get an suv with an sp4 idk if it would bang as loud cuz its not a wall

Posted

SUV's can get loud without a wall....

My vote is for the SP4 because....well lets face it it's a pure sex sub through and through, but also because as stated earlier then when you upgraded later on you will/can have 2 SP4's and that will be better than 2 BL's.

and yes I meant to say When you upgrade later

Moar powwa

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Posted

SUV's can get loud without a wall....

My vote is for the SP4 because....well lets face it it's a pure sex sub through and through, but also because as stated earlier then when you upgraded later on you will/can have 2 SP4's and that will be better than 2 BL's.

and yes I meant to say When you upgrade later

Moar powwa

had mine for 3 1/2 weeks and ordered another hahaha definitely a WHEN

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

Posted

Well okay lets say I have an SUV. All of them pretty much can get good airspace with sub up and port back. So im not limited to airspace as much as I would be with a car trunk. If I have this suv, it should be able to have room for 1 sp4 15 or 18( I guess the size depends on preference) or 2 bl 15s or 18s(preference). And Karkov I don't have money to be upgrading like you say I will lol that would mean I'd need a 500 dollar alt, maybe another battery to add to my other 2 hc-2000s , an expensive-ass amp, and of course the sub lol. Id like to be planning on just this system for a few years until I actually have a job. College lol. The sp4 sounds to me a sexy deep tone and the 2 bls regardless of cone size will just be straight up loud. I have never heard an FI before in action. I think Im over thinking this a bit too much because kicker comps still are loud to my ears lol my ears cherry hasn't really popped

Posted

All good, if you got those 2 hc-2000s then just do the big 3 and get a volt meter to watch your voltage. Start with the SP4 and the amp you got. Don't need a HO alt *yet*.

Rock out on the single SP4, 3200 watt amp, those batts, and let some time go by if you attend college and what not. Just watch your voltage and don't let it dip too low or else you will be doing more upgrades, lol. Do the big 3 no matter what though please and run a 1/0 OFC to the back please, lol.

most important build a proper box, lol

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Posted

SUV's can get loud without a wall....

My vote is for the SP4 because....well lets face it it's a pure sex sub through and through, but also because as stated earlier then when you upgraded later on you will/can have 2 SP4's and that will be better than 2 BL's.

and yes I meant to say When you upgrade later

Moar powwa

I like the way this little, tiny, puny guy thinks! ;):P (btw, kidding of course lol, I mean I agree..obviously)

In car audio, it seems as if it is never enough.

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

Posted

The q is a sound quality sub. My friend said it would sound like a queef compared to the bl lmao

who was your friend? does he have them both?

dont underestimate the Q. it sounds good and it will surprise you..... like all fi subs....

"it would sound like a queef" lol... cant tell if just trying to be funny or stupid..

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

Quote
On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5772 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...