My small build , "New Focal component set" Pg 89

20 minutes ago, bcbrassard said:

Thats cool, they are still on amazon, Prime member $117. Just saying...  I think you will be happy with them.

Well maybe if I buy another set I will go through amazon.

24 minutes ago, bcbrassard said:

Glad to hear your in good health. 

They look like pretty solid speakers. They are also one of few company's that make a component 6x9. That is pretty cool.

They do look solid. I also like the fact that they are 3ohm . That will pull just a bit more power out of my amp to power them. Its rated at 75w rms @ 4 ohms so 3 ohms should be around 90 or so. IDK I just love getting new speakers. Its kind of addicting. I am looking at the GTO 6.5 component sets also. They would fit in the kick with the Q logic kicks. I guess I needed another addiction now that I am off the weed. Its been since Nov 4th and I feel a lot better.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

1 hour ago, oldsoundguy said:

Well maybe if I buy another set I will go through amazon.

They do look solid. I also like the fact that they are 3ohm . That will pull just a bit more power out of my amp to power them. Its rated at 75w rms @ 4 ohms so 3 ohms should be around 90 or so. IDK I just love getting new speakers. Its kind of addicting. I am looking at the GTO 6.5 component sets also. They would fit in the kick with the Q logic kicks. I guess I needed another addiction now that I am off the weed. Its been since Nov 4th and I feel a lot better.

Remember what Steve said about the Q-logics, There suppose to be able to house 6.5" but the speakers and grilles will over hang the Q-logics and wont look as clean if you where to use them there. I ran into that problem with them when i put the T1 6.5's in my sons kick panels. But the carpet hide it some. And there's the people that kick the shit out of stuff.

Yes.... audio equipment buying is very addictive... i am gonna stop smoking too. Better ways to spend the $ and getting lazy and not enough done. No work tomorrow either, tent keeps collapsing so maybe Wednesday. This little bit of work is getting more disruptive that productive. I got all the daughters equipment layed out on the table for hopefully this weekends build. I will post a pic tomorrow of it all.

Ya i seen the JBL 6.5" for like $79. WTF how can they be cheaper than the 5.25?  

Other Q-logic kick panels are different.  I had some for a 2007 Tahoe and they easily fit my RF 6.5" and Crescendo 6.5"  :ughdunno:

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

JBL's should be here monday. Maybe I will get lucky and they will make it before the weekend.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

On 1/22/2017 at 9:26 AM, oldsoundguy said:

Yes in my experience the sub up port up and the port set close to the middle sounds best to me. Only way to really find out is try the box set in multiple positions. I have to have mine right behind me so one of my kids can ride in the pass side jump seat. I never really tired this box over on that side. It may sound better over there IDK.

As far as window down from what I have read is that our cab is acting as part of the box so rolling the window down changes tuning. I don't think it makes a huge difference with the 8 as much as it did when I was running two 12s.

That makes sense. I guess when I build the enclosure, I'll just have to try diff positions and see which sounds overall better. I was told by the designer to have it the same way yours is. I have a jumpseat on passenger side that my daughter sometimes uses when going places. It may end up being unused once I get the box in there.....might be too tight for her to ride in. We shall see. Gonna remove the old 2 gauge weld wire from my Tahoe, replace it with 1.0 gauge and use the 2 gauge in my s10 as my big 3 upgrade along with an Interstate battery. That build/pics will come soon. I just hate staying in doors because of the cold weather, snow, etc. Got some extra $$ coming my direction and will be buying a comp set soon.

Wish I could work OT. My job just laid off a bunch of people.  So your a carpenter. That explains your awesome buildness comes from!!

Thank you I appreciate the complement on my build. I am just not afraid to try and fail. Its not my first box and I am sure wont be my last. My real passion is mechanics. I built a 66 Chevelle and I am working on a 79 Suzuki gs 425. I just like to get my hands dirty and don't like to pay someone for something I know I can do myself.

Oh and not really a Carpenter in the sense that I build cabinet and such . I build t-bar grid ceilings, install wall panels, wood ceilings, tack boards, stretch walls for sound proofing. I just built the largest Weed growing operation in the NW in Arlington. I had to build the ceilings in the grow room and suspend all the lights, dehumidifiers, air handlers and fans from my ceiling. It was pretty awesome. I have never suspended so much weight and hung so many wires before.

Here are some pics of my work. Just a small sample of the work I have done over the last 10 years. That's when I started taking pics of my work. I have been doing this for 25 years.

20130828_110940_zps661d92aa.jpg

20131012_133907_zpsd7a06a0b.jpg

20131231_072823_zpsktly05lo.jpg

20131231_102546_zpsheuha97l.jpg

20140610_135452_zpsfzxmog4q.jpg

20140613_121719_zpspdqg1uir.jpg

20140712_104956_zpsl9bzzgau.jpg

20140811_121859_zpshqimckki.jpg

20150327_085656_zpsghet5s8h.jpg

20151209_111028_zpspcv1y6r6.jpg

20160202_121927_zpsuehqiaqp.jpg

20160512_070536_zpsep2djtpb.jpg

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Hell ya.... Nice work man. I love finish work, it's all in the details. If i had a choice in careers it might have been a finish carpenter. I have a OCD mind and know that people look and see the details more than anything. I did do a few yrs in high school for auto body and paint. I love to paint and was pretty good at it but when it came time to go to school for it out of state i pussied out. Ended up following in the family foot steps of road construction.

Enough about me, your workman ship is amazing and my hats of to you sir.

Was that by chance by my work, AMT in Arlington? There's a building off to the side of AMT which grows weed I think. AMT has multiple buildings. Been there for 11 years now, CNC machinist. Aerospace company.

Some great finish work indeed.

It's called SSP. Smokey point productions. Its on 67th east of the airport right next to the train yard.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Archived