My small build , "New Focal component set" Pg 89

Looks like everything will get here Thursday. Head unit and two sets of soft dome tweets. Hopefully I have time this weekend but I am not sure. I have an 8 hour class on Saturday and my youngest birthday party on Sunday. I bought all new 12 gauge speaker wire to wire up all the speakers I have. They have temporary wire on them now. I will wire the 6.5s in Parallel to run 2 ohms per side which on my amp it is rated at 170 so each speaker will see about 85w. Speakers are rated at 100rms so seems like safe clean power. Then on the tweets I will wire them up in Series to run at 8 ohms each side. This amp is rated at 120 @ 4 ohms so 8 ohm load should be around 60 so each tweet should see about 30w each. They are rated at 30w rms so that should be safe clean power for them. When I try the super tweets they will be wired at 4 ohms so I may have to set the gains with my DD-1 then turn it down a touch since I will only be running two of them. The super tweets are rated at 50w rms but I am sure they could take a tad bit more clean power. I will be safe and tune all the channels on the amp to the 0 db track.

Cant wait to have fun tuning.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Lol, yo, you blacked out your license plate in one pic and the very next one the plate is showing. Anyways, my tires are doing the same thing. I just bought some back in February, pep boys said I din't need an alignment. Since then the front tires are now bald as hell on the inside. I was told the bushings on the control arm went out and I probably would have to get the whole lower control arm. The actual arm is fine, I just have to find a mechanic to put the bushings in, which so far seems like it's not happening.

Lol, yo, you blacked out your license plate in one pic and the very next one the plate is showing. Anyways, my tires are doing the same thing. I just bought some back in February, pep boys said I din't need an alignment. Since then the front tires are now bald as hell on the inside. I was told the bushings on the control arm went out and I probably would have to get the whole lower control arm. The actual arm is fine, I just have to find a mechanic to put the bushings in, which so far seems like it's not happening.

Depending on your ride, some of them you have to replace the whole arm. That was the case on my Malibu.. Arm was fine, bushings/ball joint was BAD, but it's sold and replaced by one single unit together already.

Depending on your ride, some of them you have to replace the whole arm. That was the case on my Malibu.. Arm was fine, bushings/ball joint was BAD, but it's sold and replaced by one single unit together already.

Yeah that's what I was told. I was thinking of just doing the whole thing anyway so I wouldn't have to replace the ball joints later on. We're probably in the same boat since I'm talking about a trailblazer. The only thing is they do sell the bushings separate so I was hoping to save a couple bucks.

careful with the sq ear buds i went through mine in a month they look stronger than they really are. watch around the input jack and the split from one cord to r&l thats where mine broke. other than that awesome sounds like youve made some big progress since last time i checked this thread!

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. oh.. wait.. naw.. that wasnt weird..

He probably tearin dat ass up every night. Reason for "insomnia" Ain't sleeping cause he's like a horny hamster on coke.

2000 grand prix gtp: SOLD My Home Theater Build (working progress) 2002 accord coupe

subs: 2 soundqubed hds300 12s 4'1" towers tuned to 29hz sub: AQ hdc3 12

Amp: pioneer gm9061 amp: poineer gm9601

headunit: kenwood kdc 255u mids: SQ pro mids

midbass: polk db 8s highs: stock

mids/highs: shitty off brand

Well I got off my ass and started my door panels. It will take time as I have limited time to work on them. I started by taking the plastic door lower trim and tracing it onto a piece of 3/4 MDF. I will add speaker rings and put the speakers in with a slight tilt up and back. I will cut a hole in the back of were each speaker will be and use the dampened door panel area. Then I can put a little fabric on them and fiberglass them to a nice shape. I want to do a nice simple round over on the edge of the mdf trim piece. The I will attach it to the door panel itself then it will use thread inserts in the door panel and secure the lower part of that panel to the door. I have a picture of it in my head. The rings on the door now holding the speakers will not be reused.

Here are a couple of starter pics. boring lol

Here is a pic of the Soundqubed Pro Audio 6.5s Look plain but sound nice.

20140624_185714_zpstz74wavy.jpg

Pic of the speakers with the AQ grill

20140624_185658_zpsjoybthma.jpg

Pic of the trace job. I took multiple measurements with the trim installed so I could properly hold it to the MDF while I trace the outline.

20140624_185558_zpsegd0coyf.jpg

Pic of stock trim panels I cut the crap out of. Oh well

20140608_143121_zpshwx13qjd.jpg

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

My new Clarion CZ702 head unit and my soundqubed tweets (2 sets) came today. All I can say is this Clarion looks way better in person than it does in the pics. Its not hooked up yet but I like the clicking action of the volume knob. My Pioneer just spins with very little feel. I also like the fact that the radio station preset buttons are on the bottom. I could never figure out how to set them on my pioneer. It has an internal mic so no visible mic. All the different crossovers, time alignment all the good stuff for what seems like a steal price. I guess I will find out soon.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

I got time to solder up the wiring harness. Pretty easy. I took all the wires for speakers and put heat shrink on the ends then I heat shrink them all together. Then solder all the wires and heat shrink. Next time I work on it I can get it installed.

All the connections behind the hu are nice. I like direct wire to the hu with all of the RCAs clearly labeled. The head unit looks ver nice. Here is a pic of the soundqubed tweets. I cant believe they didn't come with nice screws for them. No hard ware to mount them. I have an ace hardware real close and they carry just about anything I ever need.

20140626_184656_zpsxjrgcz9m.jpg

20140626_183108_zpsfc0xu34i.jpg

20140626_183631_zpsoxoun4v0.jpg

20140626_185749_zpspabpjyz8.jpg

20140626_180833_zpsqdfpox1u.jpg

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Alright so I only had to work 3 hours today so I came home and then went and picked up 3 yards of cedar chips for the front flower bed that I have been working on for the last three days. Now that's done so I got to work on the truck. I started by running all new NVX OFC 12 gauge speaker wire for the mids and tweets. I like the wire. Then I installed the tweeters and wired everything up. I played it for a song with the pioneer deck. I used the amp to cross the tweets at 3.1k and the mids were 125 to 3k. It sounded pretty good. I also wired up a super tweet and damn if that wasn't ear piercing loud in a bad way. The 4 soft dome tweets will do just fine. I then installed the new Clarion cz702 hu. It is going to take a little time to adjust to the new menu. I did get it all set up as far as the crossovers. I have the tweets playing 3.1k -6 and up the mids are 125 to 3.1k -6 and the subs are 25 to 80hz. I turned both channels on the amp to full and its running off the deck. Sounds amazing. It has time alignment but I don't know how to use it yet. It also has a beat eq but it sounds so good I will not be using it. I played a few songs and I really like the way it sounds. Tomorrow after my class I will hook up the DD-1 and get both amps dialed back in. The pioneer was 4v preouts and the clarion is 5v so might be a slight gain adjustment.

20140627_161040_zpshnrqhebq.jpg

20140627_161049_zpsq8gflg7p.jpg

20140627_203922_zpsuxwigi7o.jpg

20140627_205035_zpshwdngsgi.jpg

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Archived