My small build , "New Focal component set" Pg 89

Well good news and bad news. Bad first is I blew the Soundqubed hds8 or atleast I think so. I was getting a vibrating sound from the box so today I unhooked the front stage and listened to the sub alone. It sounded like it was coming from the box so I put my ear to it and could hear it. Thought at first it could be the speaker leads but after taking the sub out of the box and playing it I could hear it coming from the dust cover area. Something was just not right so I cut off the dust cover and looked inside and I could see small pieces of metal inside the gap. I tried to get them out and did get some but it still made the same weird noise so I said FUCK IT!!!! Iam done with Soundqubed. Not bashing just saying that is my experience. I was thinking about sending it back but it was pretty cheap and might not really be worth it.

So now for the good news. I just purchased a DC Audio M3-8 :yahoo: D2 to run @ 1 ohm off my Rockford P1000x5 giving it about 500W RMS. I may have to tweak my box a little (make it smaller as they recommend .75 cf and my box is 1.25 which could be why the soundqubed failed being in a big box and slamming the shit out of it). LOL Although per SQ recommendations that is the biggest box they recommend so maybe bigger isn't always better?? SQ recommend a box from .075 up to 1.25 net. I will modify my box by taking off the baffle and make a new one. Then run the box through my table saw cutting it down and then install the new baffle. I think I will double it up this time with 3/4 birch then 1/2 birch over the top and put a brace in it.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup its time to move on to something different. Not sure if DC was the best choice but it cant be worse than SQbed. I love the look of the DC basket and even if it isn't the loudest I wouldn't be able to tell.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

After searching I found DC's box size and tuning for the M3 8.

All I need to do is take off the top and cut the box down from 17.5" to 13.25" Then change the port size. Should be pretty easy. Here is a screen shot of torres with the new box design.

20161130_142514_zpss9u9mukd.jpg

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Nice! Seems like a pretty easy fix. I think the DC is a decent brand. I thought about trying Skar, DC, Sundown, Fi. SQ's definitely budget friendly and do wang pretty good. At this point personally i would like a better sounding substage.

Filled out a RMA for the soundqubed 8" sub. If they let me send it back and have it fixed I will see if my little bro wants it. He is buying my SQ 125.4, two sets of 6.5 AQ 3way and a set of Tweeters from me. He needs a sub so this could be perfect for his little subi.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

just got an email saying my dc audio m3 8 shipped out today. should be here next week sometime. i have called soundqubed 2 times and left a message but no return email or call about the RMA request. They must be busy with black friday stuff then with my return request. oh well dc will be here soon.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

If you killed the 8 then maybe a 10 or 12 would be better.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Got a RMA from soundqubed. Will be sending it in for an evaluation tomorrow. Maybe they can tell me what happened. Nothing ever smelled burnt and it never got over rated power. It could of been my fault or could of been something in the build. Not really blaming soundqubed. Just decided to try something else is why I chose to buy the DC m3 8.

Also the reason for the 8 is the room I have in my truck. I needed to take out the 2 12s so I could use one of the jump seats in the rear for my kids. I really never had to take them both with me at the same time but it happened and i needed the room. With a single 8 it gives me enough room just because the box isnt that big.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Archived