Second Skin Audio

How do u get heart thumping bass?

David Mears

I was talking about using the stock alt and getting around 13 v vs 14.4 volts with a mechman. I kno the mech man is more reliable but I don't kno if it's worth the extra couple hundred watts. Money doesn't grow on trees for me lol

okay. look. would you rather have a $500 alt that lasts 5 years, or a $200 alt that will last you one year and may leave you stranded on the side of the road.

edit: if you're gonna initially cheap out on audio, you're going to be spending more in the long run. trust me.

edit 2: i've had cheap alts. two of them. they're shitty. my 10+ year old one was honestly better.

I was talking about using the stock alt and getting around 13 v vs 14.4 volts with a mechman. I kno the mech man is more reliable but I don't kno if it's worth the extra couple hundred watts. Money doesn't grow on trees for me lol

thats not how it works.. after the amp starts to draw amperage the voltage starts to drop.. if you have the ebay ones you wont see 13v at idle. the stock alt wont be able to do the job properly and will fail sooner or later. get a good alt that can put out with the demand

You're thinking of the alternator as an optional upgrade like it doesn't really matter. Your alternator is what makes the power. Everything starts at the alt.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

there are reasons why some people use more than one alt on their build if they can fit one and budget is in but as said 3000+ even 2000+ if hooked up properly will strain your system and cause your batteries to lose voltage sooner or later and possibly strain your alt so much you will be left on the road as said also. I have OCD as well and trust over thinking this stuff kills the actual point behind it. if someone can hear you thats one thing, if you destroy your car trying to be cool just makes you spend more money than necessary and that is TRUE as said before.

nobody WANTS flex. flex = loss of pressure. pressure = decibels. shits not fun when you start tearing the roof.

3kw isn't going to hurt your ears unless you've never heard bass before in your life and you go full tilt on it all the time.

This. I lost count of how many cracks my.roof has, I think I'm up to 6 or 7. And it you want a set up that will take your breath away check out my build log in my sig

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

^you sir are a beast tho lol

You seem to be going in the right path, you wanna listen to what almost everyone on this forum tells you. They know by experience and research. I learned so much on here.

Do not cheap out on audio. Even on wiring is a mistake. And like Kranny said. You would be surprised what a real 2k set up sounds like.

:yaya: not to be a dick but did you even order the subs yet?

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

Archived