Second Skin Audio

So the guy at the local audio shop told me...

bumpinTL364

shit sorry guys I forgot about this thread because I got balls deep looking at subs...working with a 2005 volvo s40 (heard they're a bitch to do systems in because of the way the HU needs to stay plugged in for everything else to work). I have a little less than 4.5 cubes to work with: 36" wide, 14" tall, 16" deep (outter dimensions). I'm thinking about the DC level 2 10"s or SA-10s, liking the SAs because they're a little bit cheaper (keep in mind I have a max of about $800 to do HU, components, component amp, substage, box, hardware, wiring, etc.) but it'd be great if anyone could suggest a better woofer for a similar price or similar woofer for cheaper (and amp to match). Also I really wana put a square port in the center of the box with everything rounded over. Was looking at the blue dust caps for the DC subs and I think that'd look sexy as hell with the box painted black and port rounded over...sorry for the hiccup to all that are helpin me out!

masterbation is free, and even saves you money.sorry but someone had to say it

sorry, Jimmy...beat you to it (no pun intended)

LOLDON'T get a wife. Best advice I never got, and now it's too late <_<

My build: 12" DCON in a dorm room.

New/current build: 8" woofer, custom amplifier block, fiberglassed speaker pods

I think I could even maybe do 3 ported given that manufacturers say their 10s like around 1cuft but Im just gunna stick with two...still waiting for sonic to finish its 12 days of deals so I can see what I can get into...

2 10 in a ported box with a single 6" round port 2-2.5cuft net tuned to 33hz is my suggestion.

Why because I think (pending woofer choice) they would sound great musically and get decently loud on the 700-800 rms your talking about giving them. Specially if they have descent x max.

And really if you can do a single 12 ported a box for 2 10 would only be a few inches bigger/same size so trunk space would be about the same.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Yeah right now I'm looking for something with a higher xmax so I can hit some nice lows. Why round port over square port?

round Ports take up less volume and means you can save trunk space.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

True, but you can always make it slightly external instead of bending it. Would depend on the area you have still though

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

4 -500 ? Do you already have the bass amp? Should do those sa 10s .but what amp you gonna go with..2 sa s can handle 1500 watts easy.. you can get a hifonics for cheap but youre always gonna have to look at what do you need for electrical upgrades.. and no you dont have to leave the stock hu...you can switch it out as long as you purchase the appropriate data link harness to retain all functions..which is probably about 150 bucks..but then thats what you will spend on a 6 line output converter thats actually worth a damn..so gotta weigh your options.. theres no shame in taking things step by step while you save some more funds.. start with the hu..then the hi stage ..then the sub stage..

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

Archived