Second Skin Audio

So the guy at the local audio shop told me...

bumpinTL364

That a pair of 10s in a trunk will sound better, hit harder, and sound better on music than a single 12. I was thinking of doing an 800watt sub tuned around 33hz (ported obviously) and he told me to go with sealed 10s. Is this guy BSing me (they work mostly in SQ with brands I've never heard of like focale and other european brands) or is he correct?

masterbation is free, and even saves you money.sorry but someone had to say it

sorry, Jimmy...beat you to it (no pun intended)

LOLDON'T get a wife. Best advice I never got, and now it's too late <_<

My build: 12" DCON in a dorm room.

New/current build: 8" woofer, custom amplifier block, fiberglassed speaker pods

You would have more cone area with the 10s but I would rather have the 12 in a ported box but you can do the 10s in a ported box?

XS Power D5100, 2 D2700s, & 2 D975s

MechMan 220a Alt

DC 5K

Kicker 650.4

2 12 Ascendant Audio Mayhem's

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

Rockford Fosgate 3sity.1

Build log: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166792-88-nissan-maxima-trunk-build/#entry2430899

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191439-lexus-is300-fi-crescendo-shca-rf-pics/

^^^ cone area is a plus

Depends what you're looking for and also how is it you have 628 posts and never heard of "Focal" ?

I'd browse other forums if you're looking for sq

i.e.

http://diymobileaudio.com/forum/

Currently:

* Hybrid Audio Legathia 3-Way Active Front Stage

* (2) Morel Ultimo 12's

* (2) Arc Audio 1100.1 XDi v2 (Strapped @1ohm)

* (1) Arc Audio 1200.6

* RF 360.3 DSP

guy told you to go with 2 10s sealed instead of a single 12 ported b/c it will sound better? yes you'll have more cone area but a ported enclosure should yield more gain and sound better doing it.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

shop has to make $ somehow

edit: spelling

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

don't think I'd be able to do a ported box with a pair of 10s, ported box for a single 12 fits just right, so I was just thinking of doing something with a larger Xmax to try to compensate. I've never liked the sound of sealed boxes in almost any application...

masterbation is free, and even saves you money.sorry but someone had to say it

sorry, Jimmy...beat you to it (no pun intended)

LOLDON'T get a wife. Best advice I never got, and now it's too late <_<

My build: 12" DCON in a dorm room.

New/current build: 8" woofer, custom amplifier block, fiberglassed speaker pods

What are your dimension sin trunk.. subs that you are thinking of or single sub you want...and amp? Post some details we will try and help

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

The answer to this question depends on your opinion of sounding better. 2 tens with the same power would probably put out more spl and push more air because its more overall cone area..but sealed it will be punchy..if you want boomy you gotta go ported. Remind your self when talking to a shop their going to tell you only options that fit your budget while they make money..what kind of car is this going in. What amp are you using? How much space do you have to work with? Im sure if you answer these three questions we all could suggest something better than the shops will.

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

Archived