Where are the proper areas for placement of fuses?

Hey Guys/Gals,

Just wondering where I should be placing the fuses? If im not mistaken (its been a while so bare with me) a fuse 12"or less from the battery pos+ again by the amp pos+ and again by the other battery pos+? Will I need a fuse next to the alternator as well when that gets replaced??

So my idea here is XS power battery in the front for the car another in the back for the system. From what i've read so far i'll run the pos to the pos with a fuse at both ends and the same with the ground -minus the fuses. This will charge both batteries off the 270a alternator, right? will i need some sort of isolator or something else in between?? (never dealt with multiple batteries nor upgraded alternator before) My car audio experience is old and not as in depth. So your assistance please!

so to reiterate: battery+ /12"/ fuse/ cable/ fuse/ 12"/ battery +/ 12"/ fuse/ cable/ fuse / 12"/ amp + !!! Right? then the same for the alternator minus the amp part, so battery+/ 12"/ Fuse/ cable/ fuse/12"/ alternator?? HELP?

as close to the battery as possible

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

fuses need to be 18in or closer to positive terminal.

8zkl.jpg

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

fuses need to be 18in or closer to positive terminal.

8zkl.jpg

now fuse by the amp either???

what do you mean? that fuse does fuse the amp. And in your application a frame ground is more capable of carrying current than a single 1/0 negative run from front battery to the back battery.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

The most important part is that the wire going from front + to back + is fused within 18" of both batteries ( a lot of people only fuse within 18" of the front battery) and within 18" from the rear battery to the amp.

I don't see many people fusing between the alt and battery and I have never seen a fuse there stock. Never heard of issues with not having fuses there.

You should ground the alternator case to the frame by either a alt mounting bolt out a good block ground. Then the rear batter can just be grounded ti the frame. As long as the car isnt covered in rust a frame ground is a great choice. The frame is a common grounding point fir the entire electrical system in a car for a reason.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Some people do but it is kinda over kill. I've seen builds on here pushing over 10k rms and only fuse each wire one time. Well beside ground wires. I've seen the same builds with 2-3 asks and didn't see any fuse on them.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Archived