If you shopped at Target...

If you used your card there during that time. I'd go ahead and switch it out. I use my card at work often, and am getting a new one.

Here's a fun fact; Target has 1790+ US stores, and every single one of them was hit during this ordeal. Canadian and online stores were not affected.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

read that last article I posted. It details it. The breach is the least of their worries once the forensic guys get done. If they fucked up that PCI DSS they are getting a huge fine if not shut down from credit card processing for a while.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

read that last article I posted. It details it. The breach is the least of their worries once the forensic guys get done. If they fucked up that PCI DSS they are getting a huge fine if not shut down from credit card processing for a while.

Yep.

I need to find a new job. Once the shit really hits the fan and the company loses income, hours are going bye-bye.

What's half of nothing? I'm married with two daughters, so that is all about what they will get!!!

???

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Yep.

I need to find a new job. Once the shit really hits the fan and the company loses income, hours are going bye-bye.

What's half of nothing? I'm married with two daughters, so that is all about what they will get!!!

???

Was joking...I'm broke due to living with so many women. They won't get much from me.

Actually, started paying cash a lot more at places. I figured it to be a way to limit my spending, especially around the holidays. Get cash, leave cards at home, you only spend what you went with. Not sure if the wife went to Target or not. :-/

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

What do you do at Target Orion?

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

What do you do at Target Orion?

Its irrelevant to the situation, but im in a supervisory position for the logistics team at a fairly busy store. Not a great place to work if you're looking to promote or get career type pay. My manager has been here for years and years, and he is worn out. Sure he drives a brand new Benz, but also works 14-15 hours a day. The store manager has been here for 30 years LOL, and she's rarely in a good mood.

I expect things to get worse due to lost revenue because customers stop coming, afraid their information will be compromised, or pissed off that it already has been.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

dont know why people is making a big deal of it.. its not like it hasn't happen before and what happen to target could have happen to Walmart or any other big store

Its a big deal because of the number affected, the length of exposure among other things. All they know at this point is 40million people. Thats one of the larget financial data breaches ever. They don't even know what the total fallout is going to be. The length of exposure is absurd. There is no way that should have occurred if someone was doing their job. Thats what makes people consider its an inside job. That is another thing that is pretty much unheard of due to the way data is supposed to be stored. The fact that they stored CVV data with the card data and pins is probably the biggest thing from my perspective. All companies that obtain payment by electronic means are supposed to be payment card industry compliant. This storage procedure is a major breach of that auditing standard. It's meant to protect data meaning you can get card info but not pin or cvv. By exposing all at one swoop, you've now impacted people in a way that other potential breaches would not have. Did i mention that kind of breach allows someoe with knowledge to make dummy cards that contain your electronic and magnetic info on it to make withdrawals from banks as well? Oh and its more than likely got your billing info available now too so they can steal your identify all at once? The PCI thing is IMO the biggest issue. Fines are absurd. Let me put it to you this way. My company must be SOX compliant.(sarbanes oxley) fines for a single breach of the auditing in a criticial area can be up to 250k per incident. PCI is much stricter due to the fact that its payment info. Now if they got hit with a max fine of 250k per incident multiply that by 40million,.

Thats why its a very big deal.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived