good every day laptop

I know it is hard to hear but my experience with computers (12+years) the only laptop that I have found to hold up without issue when treated properly is an Apple Mac Book Pro. With myself being in college as well I know that is a large amount of money to swing. Therefore I will comment on the laptops that I have had personally and tell you what I think of them.

Firstly, when I attended Wake Forest University all students were issued a Leveno Thinkpad and it was an all out piece of shit. Hard drives dying constantly along with multiple other errors and issues. I would not recommend them what so ever.

Second off I have had dealings with Dell laptops and the models that I have used are Pieces of shit. That goes for all Dell's in my opinion.

Thirdly I have used a Toshiba laptop for the past year and a half with no issues, not the beauty queen by no means, and I also took all the horseshit Toshiba bloatware off it while I recommend doing with any laptop.

The laptop I had before I went to college was a Sony Vaio which was a great performance Laptop but wasn't the most durable in my opinion.

If I had to go out and buy a new laptop today I would look at a medium model Asus or Acer. Leaning more Towards Asus. Along with Samsung in the mix.

I hope that helps somewhat.

Building an Empire.

Ive had lenovo thinkpad t42 t60 t400 t420s.and an x1 carbon and have never killed one. I also know of several hundred thousand thinkpads that were in use with a less than 1 percent failure rate. Thsts with softwsre encryption and a myriaf of other things done to them. If you killed a lenovo it wasnt the machines fault.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

That will depends on if your school gets any or not. I honestly dont know since mine are issued to me for work.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

Ive had lenovo thinkpad t42 t60 t400 t420s.and an x1 carbon and have never killed one. I also know of several hundred thousand thinkpads that were in use with a less than 1 percent failure rate. Thsts with softwsre encryption and a myriaf of other things done to them. If you killed a lenovo it wasnt the machines fault.

Those are close to netbook size right? I know my highschool got all the students that for use. 75% of them had issues. We would take them to the tech room and come back out with the same problem. Really turned me away from lenovo. Had to deal with freezing up, not booting up (stuck on the welcome loading screen), stupid slow when doing anything web browsing wise.

Might have been what they installed on it, but I don't know. I know the main program they used was lanschool.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

I don't see how a student can put them through anything as near as bad as we do. They use them to stress test web sites and apps etc. Runnencryption software all kinds of stuff. I'd really like to see what was done to yours to make them function so poorly. Nothing is as tough on a machine as software encryption and I've ran them with both checkpoint and pgp

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

Mine never messed up, even though I downloaded a bunch of games onto it (before the security became strict). On the other hand, my sisters is horrible. I tried helping her the other day with it and became pissed. I'll grab a model number off it, see if it is something different.

Model is X120e.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Archived