Sonic Electronix

Since four of you guys basically ruined my other thread about a possible DB rating question I am making another thread. I don't care if it annoys you or in your sad little terminology, how "noob" of a question it is. There is no rule on this forum that states you're not allowed to ask certain questions. I didn't do anything wrong to get my thread shut down. If you don't have anything to say that's going to help, then don't say anything...simple manners.

Question: Since there are so many factors when it comes to DB ratings, then would a bigger SUV such as an expedition get louder opposed to a Jeep with the same exact setup?

2008 Chevy Impala (undercover cop style)

Setup in the makings

i dont know if i follow all the way, but maybe this will help some, take a 5cf box with 4 15s and put it in the rear of a exploder and on the tl you do 148db on the dash, take the same setup, alt power wire length ect everything that touches the audio down to the radio and rcas, and you put it in a excursion (sp) and you do 150, it might be because of cabin gain (the air space of the cabin acts as sort of a banpass box , or it may be because the biger car has more room for the tones to reach their full potential.

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

What I think that you're not understanding is that there are so many variables that nobody can give you an exact answer. The jeep has less airspace, so in theory you would think that it would be easier to pressurize. But, you also have to take into account the asoustics of the vehicle and the way everything is setup. Just because it's the same equipment doesn't mean that that it will react the same way in both vehicles. Different vehicles will prefer for the equipment to be set up in different fashions. Therefore, it's hard to give you an exact answer. The word "variable" is so important in car audio, you just have got to realize that.

1992 GMC Sonoma

2008 MECA S1 Champ, 2010 MECA S2 Champ

What I think that you're not understanding is that there are so many variables that nobody can give you an exact answer. The jeep has less airspace, so in theory you would think that it would be easier to pressurize. But, you also have to take into account the asoustics of the vehicle and the way everything is setup. Just because it's the same equipment doesn't mean that that it will react the same way in both vehicles. Different vehicles will prefer for the equipment to be set up in different fashions. Therefore, it's hard to give you an exact answer. The word "variable" is so important in car audio, you just have got to realize that.

i agree with what you are saying. A buddy of mine has 2 12 L7s in his expedition in about the same size box as mine with my old amp and his sounds a lot different than mine. Certain notes seemed louder while others weren't as ear blowing if you catch my drift. And I am kinda confused where acoustics comes into play?

2008 Chevy Impala (undercover cop style)

Setup in the makings

Since four of you guys basically ruined my other thread about a possible DB rating question I am making another thread. I don't care if it annoys you or in your sad little terminology, how "noob" of a question it is. There is no rule on this forum that states you're not allowed to ask certain questions. I didn't do anything wrong to get my thread shut down. If you don't have anything to say that's going to help, then don't say anything...simple manners.

Question: Since there are so many factors when it comes to DB ratings, then would a bigger SUV such as an expedition get louder opposed to a Jeep with the same exact setup?

Who ruined your previous thread?

New project in the works ;)

Who ruined your previous thread?

probolly me :lol: :lol:

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=18000

Not trying to be mean, but these threads get locked all the time, and everyone is for the same reason I gave him. I just seen another one yesturday locked by roscoe.

Also if you are hoping to hit some really high number, DONT, because when it turns out not as loud as you expected to you will be dissappointed, hence why I said some low ball db.

I like the OP. First thread gets locked due to intense levels of suckfestness, so he creates another thread on the same topic basically telling the people who locked his thread that they're going to have to call him out on his overloading the forum with complete idiocracy just so he'll stop making "my new haircut" style threads.

Originality! It's what's for dinner.

Edited for P.C.

Edited by Andrew

New project in the works ;)

I like the OP. First thread gets locked due to intense levels of suckfestness, so he creates another thread on the same topic basically telling the people who locked his thread that they're going to have to call him out on his overloading the forum with complete idiocracy just so he'll stop making "my new haircut" style threads.

Originality! It's what's for dinner.

Edited for P.C.

/\ wtf is suckfestnes? LoL