ok, this one is 6.76cuft net but will go down a bit from bracing. tuned to 38hz with 113" of port. i would make a peice of mdf to shrink the port size down so that i can have a lower tunning closer to 35hz for daily. im liking this design and considering this as the first one i try.

maybe1_zpsec51a08a.png

this one is 6.49cuft net before bracing with 99" of port area tuned to 35hz. nothing to special about this one. and would most likely be the last one i make, i kinda want to be able to change tunning some and i could with this one by making it a bit bigger and using mdf to shrink it down for a lower tuning. the issue there would be that it would be closer to 6cuft.

centeredportt2d415_zps70313e6e.png

its on the small side of recomended volume by rockford (2.75-3.25per sub). its 5.5cuft net after all displacements tuned to 38hz with 6" ports. they would get flared and i could easily change them out for a lower tuning. the longer they are the more external they get though. im not sure if i want to try this one. ive heard that round ports are more efficient and rockford suggests 5.5cuft for round ported box with a 6" port per sub but i just dont think it will be enough.

t2d415sketch_zpsb79c43c8.png

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Yo bro what's the bolt pattern on your wheels? 4x108? 4x100?

01 focus se

110 amp alt

Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0

Super start platinum AGM (starting)

2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back

Kenwood double DIN DDx271

A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines.

Orion xtx 64 in the front doors

2:1 4th order bandpass

Sealed off trunk

Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck

Orion hcca 12s (black coils)

Orion xtr3700.1

Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs

All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground)

Sky high dual 1/0 inputs

2 xs power D3100 in back

Sky high batt blocks

Rose audio batt blocks

Stinger volt meter

All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders

Db link remote/ rca

Um... I think it's 4x100. I'll have to double check haven't even thought if that in like 2 years.

It's the same as the mercury cougar and any other 4 lug ford if I remember right.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

• 1 month later...

4x108 on the wheels by the way.

small update that will get pics later.

got a nicer price of cherry looking wood (veneer). .25" thick. Was slightly to small for a perfect fit but used it as a false floor for my trunk. I can't follow a line worth shit and my template sucked but it fits tightly and good enough for now

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

• 2 weeks later...

A little update

was tired of the shity silverish white paint on the heater vents and the scratched up hvac/stereo surround.

painted them a metallic blue. Matches the blue lighting of my 80prs nicely.

temporary_zps6eccda7f.jpg

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

• 2 weeks later...

Went out and fixed some wires for my o2 sensors today. During the winter I found some of them had got to close to the header and melted some. Cut and soldered then covered with shrink wrap. Fixed the mounting of the cold air intake to. Previous owner didn't mount it right and so I took it completely off. Found some longer bolts and washer then put it all back together again.

taking a step backwards on the audio build actually.

gotta sell the t400-4 because I'm going back to Alaska. Its all good though plan was to sell it and get the new t400x4ab since its constant power. Pulls 2amps less on average according to Rockford webpage and will give my punch pro mids 100 watts a piece at 4ohm instead of 60watts each at 4ohms. Much smaller in size and that's needed because I just wo t have the space in the back for it. Might be going in a center consol build or in the glove box possibly even in the hatch door. Either way it gives me more space.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

• 1 month later...

Ok, for a while now I have had things come up and prevent me from doing my build. I'm really hoping thongs keep going the way they are right now. If they do then for most part it should be done by the end of the summer beginning of next.

with some changes though.

1. My brother was suppose to buy my zx5 from me but didn't so I now have it again. So it will be my stereo build car.

2. I was planning a p3 8" shallow per door on a p300.2 but I got a great deal on a p400.2.

3. The only performance mod this car will get is a catback, and CAI along with the bigger throttle body that is already on it.

also the car will loose the back seat for an amp/battery rack, tear down and rebuild of the hid headlights (retrofit), plastidip either matte black or black with glossifier, and either the 18" enkie I have or some 17" wheels but unsure of which ones.

today I did do some work figuring out door speaker placements and fixing up the wooden plate/baffle/frame for the tweet and 6.5" mid. Passenger door just need the price for the 8" made and walls to create separate sealed chambers for the 6.5 and 8. Then its ready to be glassed which most likely won't happen until close to the end of summer.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

• 5 months later...

This build has been on hold for to long with to much stuff getting in the way...

My wife ended up taking the zx5 into a swampy ditch. She is fine and the car drove fine for a while. Long story short its a parts car now because of water damage.

I will hopefully have my other car (zx3) up here in Alaska by the beginning of July along with all my stuff in storage.

However the build still wont start then.

I had my punch pro tweets stolen and I'm going to save up for the RF t4 comp set, enough deadener to do the whole car front to back, new tires (putting 16" svt 5spoke wheels on), a t400x4ab, and then I have to buy stuff to build the box(s). It will loose the back seat to make room for amps and an extra Batt or 2. Do t tell my wide that though lol.

After I have everything in hand I will be able to fully begin the build. Ay which point il make a new build thread as this one is just cluttered with things that put me way behind.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

Archived