98 Camaro 3.8 exhaust replacement problems

I have a 98 camaro 3.8l which I need to replace the section of exhaust between the cat and the muffler, I already have the pipe but It seems like I might need to remove something in order to get it to go in. Has anyone else replaced one and can tell me how to get it on the car? Thanks in advance

What are you having problem with not going in? When I had to do it on my grand Prix also 3.8. I just went ahead and replaces everything from the cat back all me and friend had to do was cut it right where the catalytic converter started and got a new high flow cat converter got a connector pipe that was big enough for the new catconverter to go in and what was left of the other side and had my bud weld it. Same goes for other side. But mine splits into the dual exhaust I'm not sure if you only have one.

Shouldn't have to do anything else. Will have to disconnect the exhaust at the y-pipe. Be careful though, it might straight fall down on you if you have it up on a lift. Should be like 3 or 4 hangers going back along the passenger subframe, then it'll bend over the axle to the muffler and whatnot.

Take it to a muffler shop, should be like a $100 job.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

I think the rear end needs to hang. like when you bring on a lift. Or maybe one shock has to be removed.

I vote bring to shop. at my job we only chage about 80-100 bucks to put on If you supply parts. And if you want it welded or clamped.

If it's worth building, it's worth over building.

image_zps27zlqdnx.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived