Alpine CDE-147BT HPF question (Might pertain to all active capable alpines)

newls1

To make a long story short, im running active and hpf's are set accordingly on my 4ch's but WHY DOES ALPINE ONLY ALLOW UP TO 200Hz FOR HPF SETTINGS? This is a active capable HU and all the settings via the TuneIT app are amazing and easy to set and understand, but im NOT UNDERSTANDING why a HPF only can be set up to 200HZ?? Like i said above, the HPF on both my 4ch's are set pretty close to perfect, so maybe the 200hz hpf on HU doesnt matter at this point :unknw: Someone smarter then me, please help me understand this. Thank you.

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

If your question is : "Why does the HPF only goes up to 200Hz?"

Then my answer is because Alpine didn't see the need for it to go up higher.

Probably because many people won't even use that feature except for getting the lows away from their passive components.

You should better send a e-mail to Alpine instead of asking it here, i hope you'll get a better response.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Exactly how high are you looking to cut?

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

You have to consider that Alpine didn't make their deck channels xover points to just play the tweeter range. The made the HPF to reflect a passive component set hooked to them. You are trying to do what 99.9% of their customers WON'T do ;) 200hz is plenty high enough to control a mid-range driver that may not like to play lower then 100 or so hz. They make a very nice processor to do what you want to do ;)

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

right, i understand.... fHPF on deck is wired to only tweets (all my tweets) rHPF is wired to Mid's (all mids) So when I adjust fHPF only tweets are being adjusted. So having the amp xover set to hpf @ 1.2k is safe for tweets and setup ok is really my question Bill.

fHPF = 200hz (amp set to hpf @ 1.2k)

rHPF = 100hz (Amp set to Full Pass ~100hz)

LPF = 80hz

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

Archived