SWGAaudio Posted December 31, 2013 Report Posted December 31, 2013 I'm currently working on a build for my 1990 Toyota pickup. I'm making a 4th order box for 2 Sundown SA-8 v2 D2's and putting it under the toolbox. Then I'n going to run a port into the cab. I have no Idea what to tune it to. I thought about around 32 hz but I'm not positive. I'm running the subs with a CT Sounds 900.1 Mono amp. Once this gets built I'm putting two Crescendo pmx 6.5" speakers in and running 250 rms to the two. My big question is how do you think it will sound? Also any suggestions is welcomed. Thanks.-Daniel.
mmets Posted December 31, 2013 Report Posted December 31, 2013 Welcome to the forum. Depending on how well the box it built it will be better than stock but depends what you are going for. I am not expert in any way but I tend to learn from trial and error a lot. Some boxes are great in vehicle but you put then in something else it changes everything. 32 is fine for the box but I would go up to 34. Anywhere between 32 to 35 for everyday listening has been what I have done and had no regrets. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/Pioneer DEH-80PRSPRV 8MR400-NDY (eight) PRV TW350Ti (6)Sky High 1/0 OFC, 12 gauge and 8 gaugeTM Metalworkz battery terminals 120 sqft HushmatXS Power D3100 (6)Singer 350 Amp Alt Singer 320 (2)American Bass SQL3200 JL Audio JX360/4 Crossfire XS 8K (2) DC Audio XL 15s (6)
SWGAaudio Posted December 31, 2013 Author Report Posted December 31, 2013 Thanks for the quick reply but I was going for something that could be used to show off and listen to everyday. I had two cvt 10s but that just didn't do it for me. So I was hoping these two 8's could move a little more air
Smoove Posted December 31, 2013 Report Posted December 31, 2013 32-34 would be more of a standard ported. A 4th BP would something like 42-50 (that number was pulled out of my ass since I done know what SA-8's FS is off the top of my head). 2 Team Fi 15's v1 2 DD M5's 970amps of Alt 6th order blowthroughThe truck Blowthrough build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155555-smooves-1996-chevy-ext-cab-c1500-slow-build/The 350z build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170694-smooves-2003-nissan-350z/ My FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Smooves-Car-Audio-and-performance/719746144805343 Team Fi Audio http://www.ficaraudio.com/
Deeznutz Posted January 1, 2014 Report Posted January 1, 2014 Correct me if I am wrong, but when you look at the info sheets for subs isn't the frequency for 4th order bandpass closer to 60Hz? -Frank
Deeznutz Posted January 1, 2014 Report Posted January 1, 2014 I guess you can, but the box will be huge. This guy has 2 S.D. 12's in a 7cf box and ALOT of power. -Frank
john253a Posted January 1, 2014 Report Posted January 1, 2014 2 sa8 in a 4th Is one huge ass box You'll want close to 65-70sq" of port To put that into prospective that the same size box and port as the min requirement for some 18" subs and max for high end 15 Are you sure you thought this through?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.