soundstream15 Posted January 1, 2014 Report Posted January 1, 2014 If I fire my box towards trunk the port will be almost 2" from trunk lid. I think. Would that cause a issue??
OrionStang Posted January 1, 2014 Report Posted January 1, 2014 Not like there aren't a million fucking threads like this. Rule of thumb says to keep the distance the same or more than the actual port width. Gotta play around with it, though, just like anything else. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Afficionado Posted January 1, 2014 Report Posted January 1, 2014 I had mine firing rear about 2-3" from the lid woth no problems whatsoever If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.
Kyblack76 Posted January 1, 2014 Report Posted January 1, 2014 I always read distance should be at least the width of the port to Ken. No idea how that plays in every circumstance. Meads port looks about 8 miles wide, and 8"s from his tail gate.... lol.... i dunno. SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
n8ball2013 Posted January 1, 2014 Report Posted January 1, 2014 Its all about optimal position. In other words youll have to play with it. I like to try to have it as far from the trunk as possible to start but at minimum port width away THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
OrionStang Posted January 1, 2014 Report Posted January 1, 2014 Trial and error. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
hdorre Posted January 1, 2014 Report Posted January 1, 2014 I always read distance should be at least the width of the port to Ken. No idea how that plays in every circumstance. Meads port looks about 8 miles wide, and 8"s from his tail gate.... lol.... i dunno. Then again he has a lot less than "recommended" port area. Weird. Maybe the factors are working together. Ugh, I don't know. Yes, the rule of thumb is the port width for a square port and radius for an aero On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
Kyblack76 Posted January 1, 2014 Report Posted January 1, 2014 I always read distance should be at least the width of the port to Ken. No idea how that plays in every circumstance. Meads port looks about 8 miles wide, and 8"s from his tail gate.... lol.... i dunno. Then again he has a lot less than "recommended" port area. Weird. Maybe the factors are working together. Ugh, I don't know. Yes, the rule of thumb is the port width for a square port and radius for an aero Wow, thats ODD.... so am i. Im "that guy" on my port area. lol........ And i DGAF.... But i have also "read that rule of thumb" somewhere.... SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
soundstream15 Posted January 1, 2014 Author Report Posted January 1, 2014 Alright guys, I may try it out.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.