hmmm i use 2 hifonics 8'' square 8 ohm 1 channel 150w rms 300 max tritons . and im using a sony xplod 600w 4 channel soo 150 each channel and well ... the gain is all the way down but yet their still too loud

.... lp . ap . hp probably mean low power witch u use for bass all power for full range ..... and hp probably is high power witch u use for highs only .... try setting it to all power '' aka full power'''' i doubt those are ment for bass only

wow...

is it possible that the hpf on the amp isn't working properly?

08 Ford F150

lp is low pass. ap is all pass. hp is high pass.

lp cuts higher frequencies. hp cuts lower frequencies. ap cuts nothing

Correct!

Try a different amp, something with more power is a good idea. What are those 8s rated for? Should try and at least give them 3/4 rms IMO.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

lp is low pass. ap is all pass. hp is high pass.

lp cuts higher frequencies. hp cuts lower frequencies. ap cuts nothing

Correct!

Try a different amp, something with more power is a good idea. What are those 8s rated for? Should try and at least give them 3/4 rms IMO.

u dont thing that amp puts out rated? its 400 watts a channel bridged rms the speakers are 100 rms each ?

You have three options

you have your wiring wrong

you have your settings wrong.

or you bought gear that doesn't live up to what you were hoping for

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

its not that I don't think the amp is doing rated, its Rockford so im sure it does rated.

I also don't know the rms rating of the speakers, I was simply saying to make sure your giving them enough power to get them moving. if they can handle more power try more power. with all the wring that would have to be done its possible to have messed up somewhere.

what size wire are you using anyways? I would recommend 12gauge or maybe even 8gauge going from the amp to the first speaker then 12 gauge between each speaker. wont to make sure you have a minimal amount of power loss through the length of the wires going from amp to doors.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

its not that I don't think the amp is doing rated, its Rockford so im sure it does rated.

I also don't know the rms rating of the speakers, I was simply saying to make sure your giving them enough power to get them moving. if they can handle more power try more power. with all the wring that would have to be done its possible to have messed up somewhere.

what size wire are you using anyways? I would recommend 12gauge or maybe even 8gauge going from the amp to the first speaker then 12 gauge between each speaker. wont to make sure you have a minimal amount of power loss through the length of the wires going from amp to doors.

im using sky hi 14 awg

you have 400 watts rms going through a lot of 14gauge wire. might be loosing some power. most likely not much though. don't know if it would help but bigger wire could be an option.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

Archived