Taylor Campbell Posted January 6, 2014 Report Posted January 6, 2014 I am looking for the best bang for my buck. I have a 500 RMS kenwood amp. It can run 250 RMS X 2 at 2 ohms or 500 RMS bridged at 4 ohms. Thanks for the help.
smashedz28 Posted January 6, 2014 Report Posted January 6, 2014 What is your budget. Tons of options. What kind of space/vehicle do you have? Might be able to help you more with that info.
Taylor Campbell Posted January 6, 2014 Author Report Posted January 6, 2014 Trying to keep it below $200 (i'm a college student) in the trunk of a camry. I also currently have a really nice 1.85 cu. ft. 12" ported box. Thanks for the help!
Guest Posted January 6, 2014 Report Posted January 6, 2014 sundown e series. inverted cause the box is a tad too small already for this woofer
Joe X Posted January 6, 2014 Report Posted January 6, 2014 Kenwood amps are very frequently reported with issues of overheating, entering protect, blowing fuses, sudden failure.. etc, maybe their users are at fault or maybe not but would seek to exchange it. If you are looking for a drop in replacement then yes the E12 or obsidian 12" even the Alpine 12D4 which can work in small airspace. Bear in mind that your nice box maybe is not really nice, maybe is tuned to 42 Hz and/or have little port area for a nice sub.
Taylor Campbell Posted January 6, 2014 Author Report Posted January 6, 2014 I don't know much about box tuning but it is a prefab labyrinth ported tuned to 38Hz I believe. I have had the amplifier for a little over a year. It stays cool and I have so far had no issues with it. (when I was moving into my dorm, my dad loaded my car and sat a pile of jeans on my amp. I drove 3 hours cranking music the whole way. Got to school and saw what he had done. Moved the jeans and the amp was fine. slightly warm but you could leave your hand on it comfortably) I appreciate the advice! Thanks!
ChevyBoy95 Posted January 6, 2014 Report Posted January 6, 2014 Don't listen to Joe X ramblings about Kenwood. The amp is fine. The posted subs would also work fine, but you would most likely see a gain by building a custom non prefab ported box that would be better suited for whichever sub you get. Even prefabs that say they are tuned at "XX Hz" are generally off. Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's] BL : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/
DubNDodge Posted January 6, 2014 Report Posted January 6, 2014 Don't listen to Joe X ramblings about Kenwood. The amp is fine. The posted subs would also work fine, but you would most likely see a gain by building a custom non prefab ported box that would be better suited for whichever sub you get. Even prefabs that say they are tuned at "XX Hz" are generally off. Oh really? someone else on here had issues with kenwoods amps overheating. He was just warning the guy is all. edit: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141598-amp-gets-hot-quick/ '01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log 2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said: Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.
Soccerballzs Posted January 6, 2014 Report Posted January 6, 2014 Check out Soundqueb. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/I Pioneer P99RSAmpere 38002-Ampere 125/44-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer 2-5.25 Satori Mids2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars2-Hertz Silk tweeters DC Audio Level 5/12 Skyhigh Wire Mechman 320 XS Power D3100MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/
Joe X Posted January 6, 2014 Report Posted January 6, 2014 The HDS215 (which I think fits that vehicle) would be a great deal but he would need to build a box for it.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.