Second Skin Audio

Two ten sealed or 1 ten ported

timc31610

OK. pulled the stealthbox out and measured. There is a hump and a bracket in the way the best case scenario was around 1.3 ft3 before displacement and with only 5.75" mounting depth im extremely limited on what sub I could use. I had several boxes laying around and threw both 10w6's in a few and even overpowering them (which I only did briefly) the output was only slightly better than the stealthbox. SO, since I have a 60/40 rear folding seat I am going to build a box for a single better 12. I am thinking a Soundqubed HDS312D4 on a Power Acoustic A2400DB in a 3 cubed box. I listen to a lot of dubstep, metal and some rap. Looking for low and loud! Below is my Torres screenshot with my max dims, not sure if I need double baffle or not. If someone wouldn't mind having a peek and letting me know if I am on the right track it would be greatly appreciated! I wanted lower tuning in the 33hz range but cant seem to make it work. And the port area is bigger than SQ recommends.

hds312_zps572e9c2e.png

I just noticed that screenshot cut off part of the page. I figured a decent 12 on 12-1400 rms should be a good bit louder than a single 10 on 400.

part2_zpsd78b51de.png

OK. pulled the stealthbox out and measured. There is a hump and a bracket in the way the best case scenario was around 1.3 ft3 before displacement and with only 5.75" mounting depth im extremely limited on what sub I could use. I had several boxes laying around and threw both 10w6's in a few and even overpowering them (which I only did briefly) the output was only slightly better than the stealthbox. SO, since I have a 60/40 rear folding seat I am going to build a box for a single better 12. I am thinking a Soundqubed HDS312D4 on a Power Acoustic A2400DB in a 3 cubed box. I listen to a lot of dubstep, metal and some rap. Looking for low and loud! Below is my Torres screenshot with my max dims, not sure if I need double baffle or not. If someone wouldn't mind having a peek and letting me know if I am on the right track it would be greatly appreciated! I wanted lower tuning in the 33hz range but cant seem to make it work. And the port area is bigger than SQ recommendshds312_zps572e9c2e.png

SQ/AQ subs like higher tuning they still can play low if your box is big enough with enough port area. 3.78 cu seems a little large for a single 12 as well. I would also look into another amp... I heard a power acoustic 2000 watteva amp and it sounded like maybe 300 real watts.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

3.78 before sub and port displacement, little less than 2.7 net. Manufacturer recommends 2-3 ft3 so its within range. No the Precision power amp is not top of the line but it will do 1000 plus watts at 2 ohm. Thanks for the comments though.

3.78 before sub and port displacement, little less than 2.7 net. Manufacturer recommends 2-3 ft3 so its within range. No the Precision power amp is not top of the line but it will do 1000 plus watts at 2 ohm. Thanks for the comments though.

Precision power or power acoustic???? PPI gets the thumbs up Power acoustic thumbs down sorry i spaced was looking at gross volume.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

Archived