Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Single Sundown E-15 Box Design Critique needed


Recommended Posts

Posted

So i'm designing a box for a single e-15 for in the back of my 01 GMC Jimmy so here is the specs I came up with using Torres:

Box dimensions:

Height - 12 inches

Depth - 20 inches

Width - 36 inches

Net Volume - 3.31 cubic feet

Port dimensions:

Height - 10.5 inches

Width - 5 inches

Length - 24 inches

Port area per foot - 15.86 square inches

Tuning - 36.27 hz

configuration would be sub up port back to driver side. I want to keep everything under the cargo cover hence the reason why the box is so short. so anyone have any suggestions or changes i should make?

!999.5 Volkswagen Jetta

1 Planet Audio BIg Bang 15

Powerbass 1500,1

Posted

Add another baffle, wouldn't hurt. Just another 1/2 inch

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

 

Posted

I put you box and port deminsions in Torres. I am not getting the same tuning or net volume. How did you come up with your specs?

Posted

Just make sure you brace it vertically (to secure that 20" x 36" panel) and it seems good to me. You may also benefit from rounding off the sharp edges on the port's opening.

Nah man, it's cuz of the bass.

Posted

I put you box and port deminsions in Torres. I am not getting the same tuning or net volume. How did you come up with your specs?

I just plugged it into torres as well and ended up with a net of 2.83 cubes. I then plugged that into winISD alpha, and ended up with a seriously jacked up frequency response curve for the E-15. The E-12 however looks solid. You're better off putting a smaller woofer in an appropriately sized box than a larger woofer in too small of a box. Though my previous post still applies.

Nah man, it's cuz of the bass.

Posted

I put you box and port deminsions in Torres. I am not getting the same tuning or net volume. How did you come up with your specs?

I put you box and port deminsions in Torres. I am not getting the same tuning or net volume. How did you come up with your specs?

I just plugged it into torres as well and ended up with a net of 2.83 cubes. I then plugged that into winISD alpha, and ended up with a seriously jacked up frequency response curve for the E-15. The E-12 however looks solid. You're better off putting a smaller woofer in an appropriately sized box than a larger woofer in too small of a box. Though my previous post still applies.

Sorry guys my bad depth was supposed to be 22 not 20 heres a screenshot in torres

e-15torres_zpscc9016d5.png

!999.5 Volkswagen Jetta

1 Planet Audio BIg Bang 15

Powerbass 1500,1

Posted
Posted

Since you plan to keep the sub right at recommended. that a good idea. The E series is still an entry level sub which is why I personally would do about 13-13.5sqin per cube on the port. but thats just me. I know others will freak out about that number but it gives the sub a little more control. Again, thats just what I would do.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2855 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...