Sundown Audio

Stetsom Amps

jmsonoma03

And I'm sorry Alpine, full tilt on 1 battery and a 60amp alt is too big of a fish story for me. I can't see it actually getting everything it's got with what it's being fed

ok well turned up as much as the speaker can take daily... is what i mean

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Beer ninjas ATTACK!!

hiya! whoa! ayaaaaaa! break yo self foo!!!

I Rock 4 Doors 4 More Whores!

SMD SUPER SELLER

my seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-mama-feedback/

more seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-slaps-yo-mama/

Qoute"2) The 2k6d is less efficient than a pair of 1500Ds, this has been demonstrated

3) The 2k6d has less than 1/4 of the heatsink mass of two 1500Ds

Well if that's the case why not compare Apples to Apples

why not compare the2- 1K4D or even 2 - 2KD with 2 of your 1500D's that would be a great comparison

The 1K4D does 1900 watts at 13.8 it comes in 1ohm or 2ohm.

The 2KD will do 2600 watts rms daily at 13.8

2007 1st West Coast Regional Champ S/Max 157.3Db

2008 1st West Coast Regional Champ S/Max 158.8Db

2009 160db is my Goal!!!

Stetsom's West Coast Rep

Team Stetsom

And what is he going to do with 1 of those, run some 6.5 midbass drivers with it? LoL he is not looking for 1000-1500 watts, he is looking for 10,000-15,000 watts.

So here's what I want, 10-15k watts in no more then 2 amps

I dont know if anyone metioned Cactus sounds yet

But they do make a 5kw, and a 7kw..

heres the 5kw http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/Cactus...eam_Cactus_5kw/

The 5kw will do

3400wrms @ 1ohm 12 volts.

5000wrms @ 1ohm 14.4 volts

the 7kd will do

5100wrms @ 1ohm 12.0 volts

7000wrms @ 1ohm 14.4 volts

13500wrms @ 2 ohm strapped 14.4volts

15000wrms @ 2 ohm strapped 16.0 volts

They also run at 18 volts, but since you said that will handle voltage drops, Im assuming these will run fine on 12 volts, so if you can keep a 13+ volt average you should get your 10-14k with two amps..

Id figure two 7kds would do you nice, Im also pretty sure these amps are underrated.

http://www.cn-cactus-sounds.com/products-amplifier.html

Qoute"2) The 2k6d is less efficient than a pair of 1500Ds, this has been demonstrated

3) The 2k6d has less than 1/4 of the heatsink mass of two 1500Ds

Well if that's the case why not compare Apples to Apples

why not compare the2- 1K4D or even 2 - 2KD with 2 of your 1500D's that would be a great comparison

The 1K4D does 1900 watts at 13.8 it comes in 1ohm or 2ohm.

The 2KD will do 2600 watts rms daily at 13.8

I'm not debating that the Vulcans put out the power the claim -- I'm not sure why you are calling for another comparison. I agreed that they put out the power claimed, I have seen them to do so at quite a few shows. The 1k4d is probably even smaller still than the 2k6d if it follows suit (I have not seen a 1k4d model), so the comparison would likely hold up. The only things that the test on ROE questioned are:

1) Efficiency -- demonstrated to be lower. This is a consequence of the very compact design and low device count. Pushing so much current through so few devices isn't without it's draw-backs.

2) Reliability -- in the test it seemed that the 2k6d had trouble being ran at full output continuously. This doesn't really surprise me, nor should it surprise anyone who has any experience with semiconductor devices -- given that we have established that the amp DOES do 3500 watts, IS less efficient than a comparable amp, and DOES have about 3-4 times less heat-sink mass. Unless the amp really was ~90-95% efficient (which it was proven not to be) you simply cannot run 3000+ watts continuously in an 8 pound case -- not even with the small fan used.

For that kind of power density you would need water cooling, vapor phase, or thermoelectric cooling. Ever look at new computer heat-sinks? They are up to several pounds now with fancy heat-pipes and all sorts of things for a few hundred watts of dissipation, many times with 120mm fans pushing a great deal of CFM.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

you simply cannot run 3000+ watts continuously in an 8 pound case -- not even with the small fan used.

For that kind of power density you would need water cooling, vapor phase, or thermoelectric cooling. Ever look at new computer heat-sinks? They are up to several pounds now with fancy heat-pipes and all sorts of things for a few hundred watts of dissipation, many times with 120mm fans pushing a great deal of CFM.

Mmats pro audio does it and been doing it for years. Wonder what they've been doing to do it right? Just an observation.

http://www.mmatsproaudio.com/classd.html

example pic

Posted Image

MMATs makes no claims that amp can be used continuously for daily applications:

"After several months of testing and tuning we have released a true 4000 Wrms competitor only amplifier"

It is not intended to do that much power daily -- if you tried I imagine you would run into thermal issues.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

Archived