Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Box Design, Please


Karkov

Recommended Posts

Posted

Equipment:

Qty. 2 - 15" RF T2 subs
Qty. 1 RF T2500-1bd CP
Electrical:
Big 3
Mechman 370 6 phase alt
(1) XS Power D3400 (under hood)
(1) XS Power D4800 (under hood)
(2) XS Power D3100 (rear) adding to these for future
lots of SHCA 1/0 and 2/0 OFC etc.
Looking for a box design specific for this equipment. Going in the back of a Tahoe under the rear window line. Ported. I listen to lots of Decaf and the like. This system is straight daily listening etc. Not chasing numbers, need it to sound good as it can on rap, chopped and slowed etc. Looking for a cut sheet list as well. Preferably minimal Impedance rise (lol?).
The kicker: I need to fit a row of D3100's behind the box so the port can Not be at the bottom. Also, I am needing a place below window line to put 4+ amps as well (in front of box) for now.
The following dimensions are all outside diameter. I could possibly add 1" to all dimensions but it would be tight, I am wanting to make sure it fits. Plan on using MDF board. Each sub weighs about 60 lbs. so possibly need double baffle?
Link to subwoofer specs:

7qm0.jpg

Side View:

u8ew.png

However...

fwin.png

end up with...

xcym.png

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Posted

Why do you need a row of 3100

What your saying elect wise is closer to a 7k system and not >3k

2 up front a 1 rear

Or 2 rear 1 front with 2x 0g runs for power is all you need

You'll even get away with 1 front and 1 rear as long as you run 2x 0g

Put your bats and amps on the front of box

Or build an entire shelf and put all under box

Don't built box around or half over

Posted

well electrical overkill is a good thing. Also, I need to add to my electrical because i have 2 DC 5k's coming and might do something with them in the long run, C-pillar wall possibly in which batt. bank can remain where it would be. I don't have room to fit it all in front of the box, I want buss bars on the batts. so I need them sitting parallel with the vehicle. I figured if there needs to be space outside the box for the port anyways then might as well have the batts. back there.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Posted

oh and I have 2 runs of OFC 1/0 and 1 run of 2/0 OFC and plan on adding more

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Posted

Room for amps under rear seat ?

Also, you need more alt for two DC 5.0Ks

CURRENT SYSTEM:

  • Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

 
Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db
Posted

Room for amps under rear seat ?

Also, you need more alt for two DC 5.0Ks

amps don't really fit under the seats on this model.

and yes, more alts is part of the plan for later.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Posted

Here is something I threw together for you. There can be some changes as far as the port goes. I also didn't add any bracing and you will need it. I also didn't do common port walls but I think it will be 2. You could do subs up and port back but im not very good at those. There is also a spot for a third battery if you want to install one. The box could also go in subs first or batts first.

Well here you go.

Untitled_zpse922b5ee.png

215sintahoe_zps690da008.jpg

2017 Chevrolet Silverado LT CC - Will be running 2-3 DC Audion M3 8s, unsure of amp, Mechman 320 amp alt.

2005 Ford F150 - Bagged on 24s, fully shaved, raised bed floor. 

Posted

You'll be fitting new everything when you get 2 5k

So worry about it then, not now

The 2 5k will require 4-6 runs of 0g and 6-8 3100

Just throw1 or 2 3100 between the box and back seat with 2 runs of 0g and mount the amps to the front of box between batts

And enjoy what you have for a while

Posted

You'll be fitting new everything when you get 2 5k

So worry about it then, not now

The 2 5k will require 4-6 runs of 0g and 6-8 3100

Just throw1 or 2 3100 between the box and back seat with 2 runs of 0g and mount the amps to the front of box between batts

And enjoy what you have for a while

I hear ya and yea, plan on having between 6 and 9 D3100 for the 5k's and yea, that's why I'm doing more runs of wire, already have the spools, just waiting for winter to get closer to the end. I have 4 amps to power things now and they won't all fit just right in front of the box, and yes, things need to change for a place to put the 5k's. I had the batts. in front of the previous box and just couldn't get it to look decent with the wiring, plus with the amount of batts. I will eventually need I was hoping to just do a row now and that way that upgade is done and I have an idea of how much room it will all take up. I am thinking the only way it will work without a wall is to have a setup similar to SMD's except mine will be batteries running the opposite way with none under the vehicle, but port and box extending above the batts. though. IDK, maybe just wishful thinking.

Shouldn't be that big of a deal to have a box for 2 15" in front of a row of bats then remove it later.

Oh well maybe I should look into other ideas for placement of things

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Posted

Here is something I threw together for you. There can be some changes as far as the port goes. I also didn't add any bracing and you will need it. I also didn't do common port walls but I think it will be 2. You could do subs up and port back but im not very good at those. There is also a spot for a third battery if you want to install one. The box could also go in subs first or batts first.

Well here you go.

Untitled_zpse922b5ee.png

215sintahoe_zps690da008.jpg

Thanks man but I want my batteries to sit the other way and I have more amps than that, also I'm kind of looking to have the batteries not be enclosed or anything

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4632 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...