T3 component. Use 4 channel for the set, or just 2 channels??

Turboelky

I guess I am lost. I have the same thoughts about my 4 channel amp and component set. I have the front set on two channels and some rear speakers that I don't care about either.

So I guess my question is do you eliminate the passive crossover and wire the tweets to say channels 3&4 and the mids to 1&2? Then use the crossover on the amp to control the crossover points?

You can do that if you're crossovers get to the correct points (usually around 3-3.5k for tweeters) but the OP has bi-ampable crossovers with two sets of inputs.

Remember that some higher end passive crossovers will do more than just frequency distribution. Some will use different slopes for phase compensation, level differentials, and possibly even some EQing built in. So until the OP gets the 360.3 he may be better keeping the passives.

Also, if you're leaving the woofer channels on all-pass, what is keeping the sub frequencies out of them?

Static drops are my bag.

AMM-1 pre-order http://www.wccaraudio.com/smd-products-32/smd-tools/smd-audio-multimeter/smd-audio-multimeter-amm-1.html I love the bi-amp crossovers. too bad I wont be using that great feature on my truck build.

You talking about once of those bigass house cats?

I have passive cross overs that have mids , tweets and to the amp. So three connections on the crossover. I just want more control over the speakers. I have the amp set on full pass and hpf on the head unit off

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Sorry for the thread Jack. It makes it confusing so I will kindly back out. Sorry.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Sorry for the thread Jack. It makes it confusing so I will kindly back out. Sorry.

I'm not concerned with that bro. If you get the answers you need in this post, no need to start another. I'm not jealous! LOL!!

There is so many settings to deal with, I guess its confusing at times. I have the HPF and LPF off on my head unit. I have the levels all at 0. But I have an active EQ an Alpine G180 so that helps a lot.

AMM-1 pre-order http://www.wccaraudio.com/smd-products-32/smd-tools/smd-audio-multimeter/smd-audio-multimeter-amm-1.html I love the bi-amp crossovers. too bad I wont be using that great feature on my truck build.

You talking about once of those bigass house cats?

Oh, I didn't see the pre order, thanks! I'll have to look at pricing. And since I have the bi-amp crossovers, I MUST use them!!! Its in my head right now lol. And the cat isn't full grown. He's just under 2 years old, but he's a crazy MOFO! But probably is the cat your thinking of, they do get pretty big, very muscular.

I agree use the bi-amp feature. Just make sure on that amp you turn the gain down on the tweets to start. I am hoping the AMM-1 is still that price at tax return time. Savannah ?? <-- not sure I spelled it right

olssoundguy, I am running passive the same way you are. And my amp is set to full pass, I set the bass cutoff using my Alpine HU so I don't completly have to rely on the crossover. I am not sure if your Alpine has the same feature.

Savannah cats are a different breed. Its a breed of domesticated siamese cat with a Serval. African wild cat.

Bengals are a breed of a wild Asian Leopard cat and domesticated cat.

Both are really cool cats. Both very active, and prone to wanting to hunt everything that moves. lol.

Savannah cats are a different breed. Its a breed of domesticated siamese cat with a Serval. African wild cat.

Both are really cool cats. Both very active, and prone to wanting to hunt everything that moves. lol.

Sounds like my kind of cat. But no new cats in my house until after current polydactyl cat is gone. 7 claws per paw and she dont like other cats.

Sounds like my kind of cat. But no new cats in my house until after current polydactyl cat is gone. 7 claws per paw and she dont like other cats.

Hahaha, thats crazy! My T3 post turned into a cat discussion lmao! Hey man, cats are bad ass if you think about it. If your cat was 100lbs, he would probably try to eat you in your sleep. Its like having a mini lion in the house… If you have a pic of the cat paw and don't mind, shoot me an email of it!! [email protected] sounds crazy.

Archived