Second Skin Audio

Money Saving 18's that can handle low tuning?

ahall_25

oh ok I just wanted to make sure I think imma just go with soundqubed 18's anyway...I listen to a lot of slowed down hip hop and i know if i'm tuned to 30 imma be well rounded for playing those type of songs.

How low are you really wanting to play?? Im tuned low and can play down to 17hz fine. But much above 40-45 hz falls off.

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

Yeah exactly^ I asked this already but got no reply from OP. I am tuned at 35hz wih my AQ/SQ sdc2.5 12s and I can play down to 29 with some authority. It killed 32hz.

I threw in a port plug and now it can play down to 26 decently and murders 29hz. I lost any great output above 40hz though.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

hair tricks are about air movement and box design simple as that. gotta have subs that can move air and the right box. if it cant move air it wont do hair tricks.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

he said he wants a 30hz tuning.

hair tricks seems to be his goal.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

thats why i wouldnt tune that low especially with those subs (AQ/SQ) because the response falls off a lot when you start tuning that low but they can murder lows just fine tuned above 35

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

box design is key in any setup for lows or spl and even sound quality. some like them peaky some like a flat response. I kinda like something in the middle. I like seeing nice scores but I don't build for spl exactly because I want to have a decent/great sounding setup.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

Archived