Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Money Saving 18's that can handle low tuning?


ahall_25

Recommended Posts

Posted

you trying to stay under 350 per sub including shipping? if so that will make it harder.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Posted

True I guess i'll figure out something, I had a box tuned to 35hz before and I feel if i go a little lower I can really achieve The sound i'm looking for( it was with 4 12's though)

Posted

different subs different boxes different freq response.

have a box for the 4 12s that had a flatter response could have got what you wanted to.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Posted

Im tuned at 30 68sq.inch port, music sounds awsome and flat,low freq bass is really loud,i can lift hair and play down to 25hz before the cone starts loosing control. However,music doesnt have that scary loud intimidating punch anymore. If your just trying to blow air then tune low but if you want that loud off music i would listen to everyone and tune around 35-37

Posted

I had the HDC3 18's in mind but I read they don't like lows to well, I wanna be tuned to about 30hz what would ya'll suggest?

that is epic fail information there... just sayin

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

Posted

then its all about cone area. 2 18s is a good start but you will need a great box with some power to move the speakers.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Posted

Hdc3s don't like lows? Lol. Try fixing your box bro. Any sub will play sub 30hz with ease if the box is built right. My hdc3 set up I had about a year ago would play down to 24 with authority on 2.5kw each

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5110 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...