Trey_Dog650 Posted February 2, 2014 Report Posted February 2, 2014 you buy a mustang yet 13 Kia Forte Build! 07 Hyundai Accent Build ***Super Seller*** N8ball2013 And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.
RyanJ Posted February 2, 2014 Author Report Posted February 2, 2014 You hate me. Hahahahaha. I was talking to my boy who's a mechanic n has his own shop, n I showed him the 5.0s I was interested in purchasing on CL, an he said the conditions and quality of the cars it is in isnt worth it. So he told me to save up for a better project car. Idk I made a phone call to look at a 89 5.0 but its an auto clean title tho, 87k miles, all for 3.5k MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U Speakers: -Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD New MOB-MOBILE: 2011 G37S Sedan System:TBD Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415
Katt Posted February 3, 2014 Report Posted February 3, 2014 Ain't nothin wrong with the 5.0 Autos, as long as they are taken care of. It's what i got. I dunno about 3500...it better be near perfect. *06 330i - Sundern x12 - saz-3500* *91 Foxbody V1 S-Trim Notch*
boom50cal Posted February 4, 2014 Report Posted February 4, 2014 302/AOD combo makes for a good turbo DD canidate... If ya'll do that Sunbeam put a fucking LS1 in that. No sense in putting a F20 or whatever in that. 250hp or whatever in that small package...blah blah no torque or power until you turn the shit out of it. aluminum block LS motor, be it a 5.3 or 5.7, hell a 4.8 would even be great in that car. Or a 302 ford motor... On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said: Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.
RyanJ Posted February 4, 2014 Author Report Posted February 4, 2014 302/AOD combo makes for a good turbo DD canidate... If ya'll do that Sunbeam put a fucking LS1 in that. No sense in putting a F20 or whatever in that. 250hp or whatever in that small package...blah blah no torque or power until you turn the shit out of it. aluminum block LS motor, be it a 5.3 or 5.7, hell a 4.8 would even be great in that car. Or a 302 ford motor... We're def doing the sunbeam. Just a matter of time. Sunbeam is my pops project. I think I might end up selling my 05 Honda accord for a AP1 Honda s2000. Then help my dad put in an engine for his alpine sunbeam. It's a RWD so I couldn't even put my accord engine in it. But he's looking for a big engine now. I told him about LS1s and he has to look around. He's willing to apes 4-6k on an engine for his sunbeam MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U Speakers: -Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD New MOB-MOBILE: 2011 G37S Sedan System:TBD Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415
RyanJ Posted February 4, 2014 Author Report Posted February 4, 2014 Ain't nothin wrong with the 5.0 Autos, as long as they are taken care of. It's what i got. I dunno about 3500...it better be near perfect.When you say near perfect I hope you mean the engine. Cause the outside had so many paint chips I could count more than the whole alphabet. It was bad. MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U Speakers: -Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD New MOB-MOBILE: 2011 G37S Sedan System:TBD Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415
boom50cal Posted February 5, 2014 Report Posted February 5, 2014 Hell you could pick up a totaled LS1 f-body car for 4 grand at a salvage yard. You'd need the 0411 pcm, most of the wiring harness, and the tranny. Grabbing the e-fans would be good too. Then scrap the rest. There is a shit load of shops that will put a base tune on the 0411 for you, then you could use something like efi-live to tune it. Orrrrr go stand alone like bigstuff 3, a-link plus, megasquirt, etc. LS swaps are so popular now. On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said: Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.
Katt Posted February 5, 2014 Report Posted February 5, 2014 Ain't nothin wrong with the 5.0 Autos, as long as they are taken care of. It's what i got. I dunno about 3500...it better be near perfect.When you say near perfect I hope you mean the engine. Cause the outside had so many paint chips I could count more than the whole alphabet. It was bad. Mechanical wise. And not been severely wrecked. Gonna need paint regardless lol. *06 330i - Sundern x12 - saz-3500* *91 Foxbody V1 S-Trim Notch*
oldsoundguy Posted February 5, 2014 Report Posted February 5, 2014 Buddy down the street has a 90 something 5.0 with just over 300000 miles on it. Has never been rebuilt and still runs good. So out of your choices I would do the s2000 with an lsx 80prs Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier Incriminator IA 10.1 Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors) 4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash) DC Audio level 3 12" custom box designed by joex built by me AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear DC 180 alt 99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/
RyanJ Posted February 5, 2014 Author Report Posted February 5, 2014 Ain't nothin wrong with the 5.0 Autos, as long as they are taken care of. It's what i got. I dunno about 3500...it better be near perfect.When you say near perfect I hope you mean the engine. Cause the outside had so many paint chips I could count more than the whole alphabet. It was bad.Mechanical wise. And not been severely wrecked. Gonna need paint regardless lol. Major flaws was new timing belt, need new tires and cracked windshield. The rest is good. But idk I want a manual but automatics can kill the race scene too MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U Speakers: -Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD New MOB-MOBILE: 2011 G37S Sedan System:TBD Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.