89 C1500 Build log. 144 @ 28hz, loudest single cab w/o blowthru?

Zv4 15, SP4 15, Warden 15, XL 15, HDC4 15, SSA Evil 15, Crossfire XS v2 15... literally a assload of subs in that range. 3.5kw daily has a HUGE market. Personally, I'd go with a SP4/Evil/XS v2 or HDC4 15, due to them all having 4 inch coils.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Zv4 15, SP4 15, Warden 15, XL 15, HDC4 15, SSA Evil 15, Crossfire XS v2 15... literally a assload of subs in that range. 3.5kw daily has a HUGE market. Personally, I'd go with a SP4/Evil/XS v2 or HDC4 15, due to them all having 4 inch coils.

Researching every one you listed, some I haven't seen before. I kno the SP4,Zv4,XLis DC right? andHDC is either Skar/Tantric? the other I'm looking up now...

This is exactly why I ask you guys to post, Half the subs you listed, I know them, and the other half are news to me, many thanks man!

Knowledge is the greatest tool in any garage. It's also the most priceless, and most easily shared. icon_nuts.gif

Here's my latest build.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/181273-89-c1500-build-log/

The battery is failing fast, every time I go to start the truck, it's weaker. <_<

I think I'll just get an Optima, it's like 150$ for a brand new one with warranty. I will certainly put the warranty to the test, that's for sure/

Got my order in already, thanks SHCA. Hopefully this will help with the voltage drop some. Have some 2/0CCA leftover from Andrew's build, just needed dem lugs.

IMG_0063_zpsdd792471.jpg

IMG_0062_zps4318dea5.jpg

Any one think the CCA will support the nendo BC3500? If not, I'm fine with going to copper, it's not much more price wise.

Look for a nice update this weekend. (i'm also applying for a job, so soon I'll be getting the nice goodies, and it won't be much of a budget build anymore)

Knowledge is the greatest tool in any garage. It's also the most priceless, and most easily shared. icon_nuts.gif

Here's my latest build.

Dual runs of 2/0 CCA is what I'm doing to prepare for 4k. So we'll be around the same current draw, so you should be fine. Starting with a single SAZ-2000D at 1/2 ohm then doing a pair of them at 1 ohm a piece. 220amp HO alt, group 48 agm underhood, two group 31's in the trunk.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Researching every one you listed, some I haven't seen before. I kno the SP4,Zv4,XLis DC right? andHDC is either Skar/Tantric? the other I'm looking up now...

This is exactly why I ask you guys to post, Half the subs you listed, I know them, and the other half are news to me, many thanks man!

sp4 is fi, zv4 is sundown, XL is dc, hdc4 is soundquebed, and warden is incriminator. I would also look into the ia judge, dc level five, or the tantric shd. I do love my level six as well

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

Great build you've got in here!

Look around in car audio classifieds, there are some really good deals in there sometimes!

2000 Chevy Malibu

2 Skar audio vvx 15 v2's

7 cu ft box after displacement tuned at 28hz

AudioQue 2200D

Rockford Fosgate PBR 300x4

Alpine CDE-147BT

2x Pioneer components

Shca 1/0 & 12 gauge speaker wire

1 XS Power S975 up front, and 2 XS power XP 950's in back

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/178458-2000-malibu-build-2-skar-vvx-15-v2s-aq-2200d/?p=2634433

Look around in car audio classifieds, there are some really good deals in there sometimes!

Thanks, It's a lot of fun surprising people, they can't hardly see the box, and when it hits, the look on their face, :roflmao:

Yeah, I keep going into the closed ones, but man I wish I had the money right now. I'd be all over that!

SP4 ftw

SP4 or Team Model? I'll save up to get the good stuff, but I don't think there's too much difference between the two.

Here's my latest build.

Thanks, It's a lot of fun surprising people, they can't hardly see the box, and when it hits, the look on their face, :roflmao:

Yeah, I keep going into the closed ones, but man I wish I had the money right now. I'd be all over that!

SP4 ftw

SP4 or Team Model? I'll save up to get the good stuff, but I don't think there's too much difference between the two.

SP4 is great on 3500w you need 5k to move a team

Archived