Sundown Audio

4 channel amp getting HOT.

oldsoundguy

Yeah I'd rather be safe than sorry and fuse it up!

I have a fused relay, and do not have any at the moment but did. I ran 6 fans before, super over kill on my entry level MB quart amp set up but they where cheap and it was fun to do. Also op, seeing as you can hear distortion apparently. I would put money down that you where sending a clipped signal to one of your speaker sets, making the amp work harder than what it has to, to create maximum power. Set it with a DD-1 and it should be fine. I over power both my subwoofer, and my component sets. My amplifiers never get past warm at all. I have drivin through an entire state almost full tilt the whole time, stayed the same temperature. My sub on the other hand, quit rather hot xD

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

You would think a company like CT sounds would have a 4 channel class D amp. Hell pioneer does and their freak'n awesome. Mine never even gets warm.

truthsayer

Just to clarify, the 125.4 runs hot... period. That's not to say you weren't clipping but even after the changes you've made you can still expect the amp to run hot. I ran mine bridged on a pair of Neo Pro 8s and it did fine but I eventually put fans on it just to be sure it wouldn't go into protect during long, full tilt demo sessions. Although even before I installed the fans, it never missed a beat.

And regarding fans... don't power them with the head unit's remote. I know you don't plan to but that bears repeating.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

I used a set of radio shack (I hate radio shack) 12v fans. Wired them to a relay. Remote on, the power from the distribution block for main power. Worked well with a pusher and puller.

D14958AC-4925-49BF-98CA-91AD2007CE06-173

Ok so with the gains reset and the rear speakers gain all the way down I played full tilt to work this morning. When I got here it was warm but not hot. I could hold my hand on it no problem. That has seemex to fix my problem for now. Iam sure I was clipping the crap out of them even though I set the gains with the DD 1. Just sending toovmuch power to a little 6.5.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Archived