99 Silverado - Dual SA8 V2 Under Seat Enclosure

Ok so me and my buddy put his dd1 on it today. Used track 1 to check the headunit, it never distorted. Then used track 3 to do the gain, setting it up on sq. I had to turn it about 7/8 of the way up to get any distortion. The subs are definitely bangin now! I wish I knew exactly how much power I was sending them though, I hope I'm not over powering them too much.

I think the big problem last night was that I was using my phone to play music off of. My buddy said he would have problems playing from his phone too, like it had a weak signal.

So I'm def happy with it now. But it jus makes me want more! It sucks having to keep the rear seat, haha. I will make and post a video in the next few days. Gonna try to video them with my gopro, see how it does. I figure it'll be better than a crappy cell phone video

sigpic24465_1.jpg

2 - Sundown SA 8V2 | CT Sounds 1400.1 | Pioneer DEH-X8500BS | 4/0 Big 3

I dig your build bro! I'm getting the CT1400 soon too

Very badass bro, you know they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. So feel flattered because I plan to copy some of your ideas. Only down side is I have a sub and amp I need to use and can't afford to buy new stuff right now. So I have to adapt it to 1 - 12 will have to go sealed and downfire since I cant even get close to the space needed for porting. Definitely going to copy the seat riser. I have been banging my head on how to do that safely. That looks as strong as stock if not more so. I am only 45 minutes from you. May have to drive over one day and see this in person :D

Thanks man! I really appreciate the compliments. It was def a learning experience, being my first really audio build. The seat risers work perfect. Only thing that didn't work out is the hooks on the back of the back rest. I need to take the seat apart down to the frame, cut the hooks off and weld them back on 2" lower, then it really will be as good as stock.

sigpic24465_1.jpg

Thanks man! I really appreciate the compliments. It was def a learning experience, being my first really audio build. The seat risers work perfect. Only thing that didn't work out is the hooks on the back of the back rest. I need to take the seat apart down to the frame, cut the hooks off and weld them back on 2" lower, then it really will be as good as stock.

I wonder if it would be easier to extend them 2" by welding a piece of flat stock to them than all that taking apart jazz?

Nice build, I really like the box/ amp rack. You did a great job and real clean how it turned out. Have you thought about upgrading your HU to a 80-PRS. There like $230 and worth every penny IMO. Go active and with all the setting on it bring it all alive with its EQing & TA. Just an idea. Cant wait to see a vid of those 8s slaming! great job man.

That going to be tough because not only do you have to love the bracket 2

Inches, your also going to have to extend it out probably .25-.5" atleadt

What do you mean? Cuz of the slant of the back seat?

sigpic24465_1.jpg

Archived