Sonic Electronix

its a mac minii. nothing really to special about it really

What about the screen and the remote control that he have?

I just want to change original audio system with some nice double din but i cant because there is only one dash kit frame (Metra ugly Sh#t) for my ford focus 2013 hatch sport

Who know where to find something nice?

its a mac minii. nothing really to special about it really

What about the screen and the remote control that he have?

I just want to change original audio system with some nice double din but i cant because there is only one dash kit frame (Metra ugly Sh#t) for my ford focus 2013 hatch sport

Who know where to find something nice?

its all custom work. Check out steves build log on his Tahoe or his YouTube videos and it shows hoe to do it. As long as u have the fabrication skills.

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

the "remote control" is a wireless bluetooth mac keyboard

shown here http://www.apple.com/keyboard/

The Mac Mini feeds into his headunit, which then feeds into the rockford fosgate 360.3 processor that does all the equalization, time alignment, crossovers of the stereo, from the 360.3 the signal splits into his amps. The 360.3 also has a bass knob that you can control things such as sub volume with.

the screen he is using is no longer in production iirc or can be found for that matter, I remember the company that was selling them went out of buisness, and was called mycarputer or something like that, but that was long long ago when he was still using a PC in the tahoe before the mac mini. The screen has just stayed the same since it was disassembled and molded into the dash. a lot of custom work.

Now days your just better off to grab an ipad or ipad mini, and mold that into your dash with some special connectors you can run it right into your stereo, and not have to worry about a semi-expensive power supply, hiding the mac mini or pc, running additional video wires, etc, plus an ipad would give you touch screen support, gps without additional parts needed, and you could still use a bluetooth mouse/keyboard if wanted. Also it would be a great bit cheaper on needed components, unless you have a screen, powersupply, mac mini already just laying around you can use.

SoundMan car audio sells basic molds for ipads, and assecorises too hook them up to your stereo, along with charging thru the same adapter. Depending how good you are at fabrication you can make a motorized tray to slide the ipad in and out off, so its not perminiatly in the vehicle, and slides right out.

the "remote control" is a wireless bluetooth mac keyboard

shown here http://www.apple.com/keyboard/

The Mac Mini feeds into his headunit, which then feeds into the rockford fosgate 360.3 processor that does all the equalization, time alignment, crossovers of the stereo, from the 360.3 the signal splits into his amps. The 360.3 also has a bass knob that you can control things such as sub volume with.

the screen he is using is no longer in production iirc or can be found for that matter, I remember the company that was selling them went out of buisness, and was called mycarputer or something like that, but that was long long ago when he was still using a PC in the tahoe before the mac mini. The screen has just stayed the same since it was disassembled and molded into the dash. a lot of custom work.

Now days your just better off to grab an ipad or ipad mini, and mold that into your dash with some special connectors you can run it right into your stereo, and not have to worry about a semi-expensive power supply, hiding the mac mini or pc, running additional video wires, etc, plus an ipad would give you touch screen support, gps without additional parts needed, and you could still use a bluetooth mouse/keyboard if wanted. Also it would be a great bit cheaper on needed components, unless you have a screen, powersupply, mac mini already just laying around you can use.

SoundMan car audio sells basic molds for ipads, and assecorises too hook them up to your stereo, along with charging thru the same adapter. Depending how good you are at fabrication you can make a motorized tray to slide the ipad in and out off, so its not perminiatly in the vehicle, and slides right out.

THANK YOU!!!

And all that info was available on this site if you bothered to look. I understand how hard that is though

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

why not get simple and buy a double din?

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

Archived