The dumbest thing you've ever done while working on your vehicle?

wtf indeed man.................

4608-ew.gif

haha fucker. I thought I had actually mistyped that since I was so damn tired last night. You had me going for a second lol

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Assembled an sbc 350. Months later blew out the piston rings. While disassembling I noticed I left a tube of gasket sealant in the intake valley.

Was troubleshooting my 442 for hours, had my dad checking out the carb while cranking. Huge backfire, burnt off his mustache. Turned out to be a bad distributor cap.

I like to use a wrapper from wrigleys stick gum-lol

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipP7rjav9cD9UFdAYBJmz4M4LoNlF26ng1xhAf4Uhttps://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipP7rjav9cD9UFdAYBJmz4M4LoNlF26ng1xhAf4U

2013 DODGE CHALLENGER R/T

SUNDOWN ZV4-18

CRESCENDO 3.5K

PIONEER AVIC 5300 NEX

ALPINE TYPE R 6.5S & 6X9'S

ROCKFORD FOSGATE 1.5" TWEETS

5 C&D TECH BATTS

After draining old oil into pail & going into house for couple

hours to let it fully drain,came out & poured new synthetic

into fill hole,hearing the splishy splashy sounds of it going right

into the old oil's pail..ya curse words filled the air that day

.."D'oh,forgot to put blasted drain plug on!!"

Girlfriend at the time got me a leather man for Xmas. I couldn't find it for months and knew she'd be pissed so I shelled out the 60 or 70 I grab a new one. Literally the next day I pull my panels to work on my door and my leather man falls out. WTF!!

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

Been working on cars for for 13 years so not "my vehicle" but here is what i can remember:

All wheel brakes on a rav 4, forgot to pump the pedal and gassed it when backing out. Slammed a 4-runner and did 5k damage between the two.

Lost a 10mm nut while replacing a valve cover gasket, upper intake was off. No problem i just replaced the nut. went to start it and it cranked briefly then stopped... Battery must be dead or I just cracked a piston, bent the rod, and smashed up the combustion chamber/bent valves

Drained the gear oil on an r32 rear diff and refilled the haldex oil i was suppose to drain, car made it four days before rear spider gear blew out of the diff after locking up, complete rear end was 4k

Performed a brake flush, car was towed in brakes went to the floor... there's my snap on 11mm still on the open brake bleeder

Raised a car to full rack height on a two post lift it was wobbling a lilttle much... it only had three of the four arms under it

This one is not me but a good one none the less.

Started a car with a large ratchet still on the crank bolt. Man that noise was scary luckily nothing was damaged...Two days later car was towed in with no crank gear and pistons had smashed all valves because crank bolt was broken loose before the ratchet kicked off and slowly backer out.

Tried to open up bolt hole in a ring terminal with my big ass dewalt drill while I was holding the term. It wrapped my finger around the bit, took out a little chunk of meat and ripped the skin on my knuckle. Was swolled and hurt like a bitch for a week or two afterwards.

I second this. We think we are strong enough but we are not. Sliced right through my hand.

I changed the alternator in my Olds Aurora and had to remove the radiator to do so. I changed the alternator, put the radiator back in and plugged up hoses and started car to test alternator. It took me about 30 seconds to realize that I had forgotten to put the transmission lines back in. Wound up putting about 8 quarts of transmission fluid into the driveway. I believe I spent about 50$ to refill the transmission on top of what I had already spent on antifreeze and a new alternator. Not a happy camper.

I also tried to install a cap with the car running. Car was quiet and forgot it was on lol.

None of you guys can beat me on this.

I sprayed WD-40 on a driver side front brake rotor to stop it from squealing.

Obviously, i didn't realize what I had done until I hit the brakes and the truck made a right hand turn.

I'll have a go at it.

My freshmen year and first week my friend has his license, driving around in his old maxima, go to empty lot to try drifting, he hits a curb and slams into the concrete lip of a building behind it and bends the hood in the middle. To try and hide it I suggest flattening the hood, but it still had a peak where it folded, so I grabbed a towel and a hammer. Put the towel down, thinking it would protect it, gave it 8-10 powerful hits, removed towel and realized with all the little dents and divots it now looked like it rained golf balls on a 3"x"3 patch on the hood lol.

how bout that time your finger got smashed by neo magnets?

Does that one count?

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

Archived