Second Skin Audio

Not as pissed now

CleanSierra

Either way, I'll have some working subs at some point. Its just not as simple as I thought it would be originally with the cracked basket. They are pretty baskets too, hopefully I can find some similar. I just can't wait to hear these things, they are straight business and way heavier than my old school Fosgate 15s.

These things will straight do with I'm sure when I get them installed and a box designed.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Did the seller pack it or did they take it to Fedex and let them do it?

Either way filing a claim will take freaking forevvvver and thats even if you win it. Just be easier to buy the 15 dollar baskets.

Maybe you ask the seller to foot say half the bill as he obvi packed em like a tard.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

I'm not sure. We didn't go over that detail yet. I'll find out and get some resolution with this. He advertised it as in "working condition" just cosmetic issues with the surrounds having a small tear and the tape fixing the problem. The cracked basket and coil rub likely occurred from shipping. I don't want to think the kid sent it to me knowing this.

I would think that if they packed it at FedEx, then those numnuts would need to take liability for the garbage packaging job.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I would think that if they packed it at FedEx, then those numnuts would need to take liability for the garbage packaging job.

Yeah this is more what I was trying to get to. In all fairness to them, they typically don't pack dense, fragile, awkwardly shaped objects with small corners. Bubble wrap is sufficient for 99% of what goes through.

That being said, I do agree that they should pay for damages/refund if they packaged it. If not, IMO you deserve a refund from the seller because his packing job was inadequate

Sorry to hear you have to deal with this headache. Not sure how it is filing a claim through fedex, but when I did it through ups I came out on top. Yes it did take a little while because they had to investigate the mishap(about 2 weeks). After they determined it was in fact their fault I was fully reimbursed for the entire shipping cost and the cost of the piece that was missing from my shipment. My package was packed by there employees in a box with protective packing inside and then showed up in siran wrap and missing a piece. Talk about a shocking text message. I was just happy I could take care of the buyer. I got him a brand new part shipped directly to his house. All was good.

You could always keep an eye for baskets on caco or something. Worst case scenario, it prolly wouldnt be too hard to find something thatd work. If not hd3c baskets.

Good luck man

Nvm you have 10s I forgot

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

Yes the bolt pattern is the same.

The major time you will notice a different bolt pattern is on 4 inch coil woofers, 2 or 2.5 inch coil woofers.

And spider/surround landings?

That is different between the baskets.

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db