It all depends on what your definition of accurate is. If I can't hold 10 shot dime size groups at 100 meters I'm not interested. There is no version of any worked surplus rifle I've ever seen even come close to that. That's not to say they are not capable of being accurate, just not as accurate as I like. And at he end of the day it don't matter what I like, it's what you like.

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

I am not into MOA any more. I am a school trained long range chooter and did plenty of that. From time to time I stumbled upon someone who was shooting some pile of shit "gun" that has been giving us shit all day from a pretty good distance and figured "if this retard was hitting center mass at 500 meters with that pile of shit I can do even better" and looked into odd ball guns with plenty of accurizing options that won't dent the pocket but still take an elk out past 3-4 hundred yards.

It's fun, cheap and perfect for those "fuck it if it doesn't exactly work out" situations where you have like $200.00 to spend on the whole deal.

I am starting to like the Ruger more and more. I just like conventionally heavy steel receiver and wood rifles. is there a comprimise between the two.

I still like the Remington 700 very much and its pretty much between the American and 700.

I have heard of some sticky bolts after 5 or so shots in the Ruger because of tight tolerances. plus Its so light and synthetic, I like more of a "quality" piece if you know what I mean

Build's consist of:

2004 Chevy Impala :

Pioneer--------------------- DEH-X8600bs Soundqubed/AQ------ Q4-120

Rockford Fosgate---- Punch-500.4

Soundqubed/AQ----- Q1-3500D.1 Alpine----------------- 6.5's & 6x9's

Subs: TBA All Knukonceptz and SHCA wire and rca's

Home Music Setup

(4) Soundqubed HDS200 15's in two separate 15.5 cubic foot enclosures tuned to 31 hrz --- XM radio hardwire

Updates coming all the time on both builds

n8ball2013

"bullshit. Everything fits. If you cut enough."

Nothing says quality more than tight tolerances! So it's funny that your using one if the vary benchmarks of quality against the Ruger. Rapid fire may cause the ruger to heat up and "stick" just a bit but I'm sure it's nothing that's locking up the action just requiring a bit more effort to manipulate. That might be misconstrued by someone who doesn't know better as a " problem"

At the price point the ruger is in with what you get your asking for a whole hell of a lot.

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing says quality more than tight tolerances! So it's funny that your using one if the vary benchmarks of quality against the Ruger. Rapid fire may cause the ruger to heat up and "stick" just a bit but I'm sure it's nothing that's locking up the action just requiring a bit more effort to manipulate. That might be misconstrued by someone who doesn't know better as a " problem"

At the price point the ruger is in with what you get your asking for a whole hell of a lot.

I hear ya there. It is alot to be asking.

If I got the "standard" am I missing out on anything but the scope? Is that where the added cost is?

Cause I could just buy the Ruger American in "Standard" trim and put a Leupold after the fact.

I see that the "all weather" has a stainless steel bolt so that's why i'm wondering

the redfield model seems to be a "standard" with a aftermarket scope

Build's consist of:

2004 Chevy Impala :

Home Music Setup

(4) Soundqubed HDS200 15's in two separate 15.5 cubic foot enclosures tuned to 31 hrz --- XM radio hardwire

n8ball2013

where are you at rolex?

This is what i'm talkin about:

Standard

RugerAmericanRifle_zps5f60dbf5.jpg

All weather:

Ruger-American-All-Weather_zpse4eb1136.j

And last the redfield

american3_zpse81f25dd.jpg

Build's consist of:

2004 Chevy Impala :

Home Music Setup

n8ball2013

• 2 weeks later...

Ruger American is a proven hunter for sure. I dig the 700 but not so much that I would pay more for one. Shit, we had a Mosin Nagant with a bent barrel the other day and I scooped it up for next to nothing. I cut about 10 inches off the end to get rid of the bend and cut the stock (we got it in a crate from Century a few years ago and it was in the back behind some chit). I am taking it to the shop tomorrow to face and crown the barrel and do a little work (thread and make a break) and I'll be into a solid shooter fir less than $100.00.

I know it's in no way a Remington 700 but it's going to smack deer etc at a good distance and look cool doing it...

Nice. I loved my nagant when I had it. I am into mousers now. Love these too.

03 Santa Fe E A 200 amp alt,JVC AVX840,kenwood 6.5 fr speakers,eclipse 6.5 rears,mids/high amp XTA-2160, sub amp XTA-5000d,0 guage throughout,batts-front/1 batcap 2000,rear/ batcap4000,2 C&D Dynasty agms, subs 2 DC XL M1 15"s in a music box tuned to 28hz....for now.

Am i the only person who is into shooting thst doesn't own a mosin? I just have no love for those tjinfs

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I highly suggest a ruger or a savage. never shot a mosin so I am with you n8. don't think I want to shoot one when I have seen rugers put in such good work. from firsthand experience and shooting alot of different guns a ruger or savage usually takes it considering I can hit 300 yards all day with .243 in either gun. and on optics I love redfield. leopould is good and so is nikon as well.

once you get a speaker moving so hard that its possible to make tinsels slap, you are already kissing "SQ" goodbye. :D

Don't get me wrong, as I smoke Marlboro Reds, but if I saw one more kid with that smug-ass look (Look at me I'm smoking indoors) on their face, I was going to shove that thing so far up someone's ass that they'd look like a hillbilly trying to understand quantitative prediction theorem.

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

Archived