Anybody know of a cheap and reliable car?

anybody know of a cheap and reliable car that i can fit my 4 abxfl 1222s in that i just put in a little over a month ago. my 97 tibi trans just died and i regretfully am going to have to find another car. need something for $2300 or under. needs to be a good daily driver. my buddy who is a mechanic told me to look into getting a honda civic or a toyota camary cause they are cheap and reliable. also i live in IL if anyone knows of anyone selling a car thats good and reliable.

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

You could likely fix the trans for well under 2300 no? A shop by me advertises trans rebuilds for 995.. just an idea

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

could get a good trans fro ma junk yard with like a 3month warranty for under 400 most likely. that's if you do the labor yourself. if not then a shop would charge around 5-10hrs to swap them out so 500-1000 in labor.

if you don't want to go that route I would just start checking craigslist in your area for a car in your price range. if looking for advice post the ads on here and im sure people will chime in with advice about what you find.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

atomic trans said $1750-1500 to fix but i just don't see my self sinking more money into this car anymore. it has a salvage title, and last year i put over $1500 into it. just seems like a money pit.

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

thanks alaskanzx5 will start looking at craigslist

Toyotas seem like the do fairly well in this department in general.

Subarus are good too, but watch for blown head gaskets and timing belt intervals every 100k. Beyond that, fresh fluids and they'll go forever, it seems. Fairly easy to work on when it comes to our audio needs too. Fuel economy will be meh at best due to drivetrain losses, BUT it's AWD. It's give/take.

Old volvo wagon, like a 740 or something. Friend had one and I swear the thing was bulletproof. Space for bass

At what point you stop dumping money into a car and move on is always a tough call, but any car you buy off CL or w.e is gonna have its own issues too.

At least you know the history of your tib. Not to mention all the time to reinstall plus more money for any parts needed, dash kits etc it all adds up.

If you had a car from a friend or family member where you could be walking into a car with full knowledge of its situation, id say go for it.

A CL car, who knows. Its CL...

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

having my buddy who is a mechanic go with me to check out cars.

Archived