Sundown Audio

2 Ch. amp question

Purpleheart91

I have a question about running different loads on a 2 ch. amp. I tried asking the tech support of the amp manufacturer but got nowhere. I have a small Lanzar VBP251 amp and it is 2 Ohm stable in stereo mode. Is it ok to run a 2 Ohm load on one channel and a 4 Ohm load on the other? Thanks for any help.

Why would you want too? What configuration could you possible need the two differents ohm loads on a two ch. amp. You probly can do it...should you? NO!

You can from, my understanding. What are you trying to do though? Might be pointless.

I know i'm running a 4ch (t400.4) with the front channels at 8 ohms and the rear at 4 ohms. Runs just fine.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

The reason for the different loads is I built an enclosure for my 96 Ford Explorer to put the 8" sub I have in the same place the stock sub was at, behind the passenger side rear panel. It is a single coil 4 Ohm sub. I have a 12" sub that I want to put in the other side in the rear. It is a DVC 4 Ohm sub. So either I wire the 12" DVC sub for 2 Ohm or 8 Ohm while the 8" sub can only run at 4 Ohm being a SVC sub. The only other alternative is to wire the 12" DVC sub for 4 Ohms using only one of it's voice coils. That is why I am considering running a 2 ch. amp at different loads.

I can't think of a reason. It most likely would be pointless to do for a 2ch

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

That doesn't make sense to me. 4 channel yes as I am doing it but 2 ?

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Archived