Austin42156 Posted January 28, 2014 Report Posted January 28, 2014 I have a 95 Firebird and I will be installing a new four channel amp soon. I will have Jl Audio components in each door. Mids, tweets, and crossover. And I will have two Crescendo 6.5s Mids in the rear factory location. My question is will I need to install some kind of in line crossover for the crescendos to keep the really high pitched frequencies out ? - 1995 Pontiac Trans Am - 5.7 LT1 V8 - Kenwood Excelon x998 Deck - JL Audio XR650-CSI 6.5" 2-Way Component Speakers (In My Doors) - Crescendo Audio PWX 6.5" Mid Ranges (Right behind my seats) - (1) Kenwood KAC-9105d Monoblock Amplifier - (1) Kenwood X450/4, 4 Channel Amplifier - (2) Kenwood W3013ps 12" Subwoofers - Amps tuned with O-scope. - Stinger Roadkill Sound Deadening - F.A.S.T Rings by Mobile Solutions - Phoenix Gold and Stinger wiring
bushroot Posted January 28, 2014 Report Posted January 28, 2014 You'll need what's called a low-pass crossover or a crossover network and an additional set of tweeters. Check your amplifier literature. Many of them have built-in low-pass and high-pass crossovers.
Austin42156 Posted January 28, 2014 Author Report Posted January 28, 2014 This is the amp I will be using. http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Car_Entertainment/eXcelon/Amplifiers/X450-4 Also, I want do design the system so I have more volume and the higher frequencies coming from the front of the car. I put the crescendo's in to add midbass only and I do not want to add tweeters to them. - 1995 Pontiac Trans Am - 5.7 LT1 V8 - Kenwood Excelon x998 Deck - JL Audio XR650-CSI 6.5" 2-Way Component Speakers (In My Doors) - Crescendo Audio PWX 6.5" Mid Ranges (Right behind my seats) - (1) Kenwood KAC-9105d Monoblock Amplifier - (1) Kenwood X450/4, 4 Channel Amplifier - (2) Kenwood W3013ps 12" Subwoofers - Amps tuned with O-scope. - Stinger Roadkill Sound Deadening - F.A.S.T Rings by Mobile Solutions - Phoenix Gold and Stinger wiring
Stephen13 Posted January 30, 2014 Report Posted January 30, 2014 Are you sure they need to be low-passed? A 6.5" mid-woofer typically rolls off naturally around 4kHz or so. Unless you need to low-pass it at a lower frequency you can probably get by without the x-over. 2011 Chevy Silverado LT 5.3L 4x4 Ext.-cab "Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think."
Skullz Posted January 30, 2014 Report Posted January 30, 2014 You won't need a crossover on the mids to keep from playing the high notes. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.