Can an oscope app pick up clipping/distortion???

ParDeus

once you get a speaker moving so hard that its possible to make tinsels slap, you are already kissing "SQ" goodbye. :D

Don't get me wrong, as I smoke Marlboro Reds, but if I saw one more kid with that smug-ass look (Look at me I'm smoking indoors) on their face, I was going to shove that thing so far up someone's ass that they'd look like a hillbilly trying to understand quantitative prediction theorem.

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

here is a vid about the dd1 and a demonstration vs an o-scope

once you get a speaker moving so hard that its possible to make tinsels slap, you are already kissing "SQ" goodbye. :D

Don't get me wrong, as I smoke Marlboro Reds, but if I saw one more kid with that smug-ass look (Look at me I'm smoking indoors) on their face, I was going to shove that thing so far up someone's ass that they'd look like a hillbilly trying to understand quantitative prediction theorem.

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

Clipping IS distortion. Distortion is not necessarily clipping. There are many ways to fuck up a sine wave.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

Clipping IS distortion. Distortion is not necessarily clipping. There are many ways to fuck up a sine wave.

True. "Distortion" can even be a good thing as long as you are sawtoothing and squaring things.

Somebody do a side by side comparison with the oscope App, a DD-1 and a real oscope.

I'm curious....

:D

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

im in for those results but I think we all know what the result will be.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

all I have is an o-scope and i can get the apps or I would do it. but I am interested as well how it will turn out

I have a pretty decent scope and I still do not have the resolution needed to detect like the DD-1 does. As much as I want to justify the price I paid for y scope to he DD-1 I can't in this application.

Even if you only use it a hand full of ties, it is still a worthwhile investment. If you ever think you want to improve your skills as an installer, even if it is just for your friends, then these tools are a logical choice

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I love my o-scope and it works well but I need to just go ahead and drop the money on a dd-1, cc-1, imsg, and an amm-1. dd-1 is much more accurate than my o-scope I'm sure since it's just a cheapy but it's better than not having anything to tell where the signal is clipping, or distorting has payed for itself in non-blown woofers.

Archived