Zak Katzer Posted January 29, 2014 Report Posted January 29, 2014 Hey guys I am looking at purchasing 2 SA 8's but Im not sure if I can even fit them. The box will go under the seat in my 2012 Silverado crew cab. The thing with my truck is that the transmission hump takes up A LOT of space. I have the measurements and some pictures. My question is do you guys think I can get a box that will make them sound decent? Side note I plan on fiberglassing the bottom because of all the bumps and to maximize airspace and would much rather go ported than sealed if possible and the subs will be running off of a DC 1.2k. Sorry if this is a stupid question, I just have never built a box before. And if not the SA 8'2 then any other recommendations? I was thinking maybe a set of SD 10's but I heard the reviews aren't stellar. Thanks! 2012 Silverado ext cab Kenwood DDX470 XS D3400 (starter) XS D375 (under passenger seat) XS d3100 Mechman 240 Big three SMD VM-1 All SHCA wire 80 sq feet of Damplifier 6.5 Crescendo CZ's (front doors) (needed) 5..25 Crescendo CZ's (back door) (needed) Crescendo 125.4 (needed) Sundown Zv4 12 Skar 4500 (2ohm)
Kyblack76 Posted January 29, 2014 Report Posted January 29, 2014 check it out... Rusty did something similar. Im not sure about the year/match but, .. it looks really damn close. Welcome to the forum and good luck. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/171340-4-dc-m3-8-inch-subs-in-my-silverado-build-over-the-weekend/ SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
Jhunt94 Posted January 29, 2014 Report Posted January 29, 2014 I've seen the video for the build that rusty did in the post above, and it looked like it was a similar model truck to yours. However I believe he might have lifted his back seat up a little but I'm not sure. Also he used DC M3 8"s which I don't know if they have the same mounting depth as the SA-8v2's 2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside250 Mechman AlternatorSky High Car Audio Big 3 XS Power D3400Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kitRockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcpRockford Fosgate T400-4DC Audio Lvl 4 12"Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" componentRockford Fosgate Punch 6x8Pioneer AVH-P2300DVDSMD Volt Meter
n8ball2013 Posted January 29, 2014 Report Posted January 29, 2014 Could always do them behind the second seat too THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
Zak Katzer Posted January 29, 2014 Author Report Posted January 29, 2014 Rusty's video inspired me to do the build, but I'd say my transmission hump takes up twice as much space. His is a straight line whereas mine bows out and gets taller. And can you explain a little more n8? 2012 Silverado ext cab Kenwood DDX470 XS D3400 (starter) XS D375 (under passenger seat) XS d3100 Mechman 240 Big three SMD VM-1 All SHCA wire 80 sq feet of Damplifier 6.5 Crescendo CZ's (front doors) (needed) 5..25 Crescendo CZ's (back door) (needed) Crescendo 125.4 (needed) Sundown Zv4 12 Skar 4500 (2ohm)
slowfkncar Posted January 29, 2014 Report Posted January 29, 2014 Honestly,these are a headache trying to fit ported below the seats on the newer access door silverado. The transmission hump is almost flush to the seat,the rear seats have almost no room behind when they are folded up. If you are trying to hide the box below the seat and nit visable you may have to go sealed. Dont take my word for it though, im sure someone could easily make a ported design where both woofers are on the driver side and the port extends to the passenger side. But it aint much internal space
n8ball2013 Posted January 29, 2014 Report Posted January 29, 2014 The back seats in the chevy trucks have a decent amount of space behind the rear seats. If you fold your seats down you'll see. It has to be a wedged shape box and mounting depth may be an issue. I think they make prefab bboxes that go back there too to give you an idea. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
zayres29 Posted January 29, 2014 Report Posted January 29, 2014 firing forward they fit no problem Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.