Second Skin Audio

Can i make this enclosure better? Help?

bcbrassard

I don't think the 15 is really .5 cuft displacement. The t2 is only .17 and they are the same size just a few small differences giving the t2 a higher power handling.

Ya i got the info off RF webside. I think the T1D212 is .099.

Reducing enclosure volume by any means will raise tuning, not lower it. Plugging off a port will lower tuning but it will also lower port area and that box isn't suffering from too much port area to begin with.

If you make the ports 18" long without changing anything else then you should be tuned at ~35Hz. That should be fine but whatever you do, don't make the box any smaller. The sub you have will not do well in a small ported box unless it's tuned high.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

Thank you sir, see thats where i get F'ed up at? People say to make it smaller or bigger. I know the port length is to sort which is why its tuned so high. When i use Precission Ports calculater it give a single lenght demesion but doest say how long to make each port. The depth of the box is whats hurting me for lengthening the ports, they are 2" from the back of the box now.

When i put the specs in for a 15" sub with the port lenth i have now i think it comes out to 35ish hz. But i kind fucked up if displace is wrong then the numbers are wrong! Arrrrgh!

I would start with blocking a port and bracing the box. Maybe see if you could get a lower tuning with just a single 6"port.

As for the sub in a smaller box I had a t2 in 2 cuft net and it did fine. Had 2 of them in a 4 cuft box and they handled that fine. The single 12 was on a t1500.1bdcp at 2 ohms.

IMO, when you do rebuild the box 2.5 cuft slot port roughly 33-35 hz.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

I personally like the way the aeros look in OPs build, I'd continue to rock them. Id being them closer to the sub so they fully clear those obstructions and fire into the cabin. Great looking install btw, very clean I love it. Good choice in equipment also, looks like the same two amps I have(for now bwahaha).

I don't like that there is only two inches of clearance behind those ports in the box, I would think they get some turbulence from that(which is bad). I too, would redesign to have a better sounding setup than your current one. It's probably tune mid 30s and call it a day. Port area is important when doing then next box. You need enough to avoid port noise. Do you experience any noise now, that you know of at least?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

The T2 is a higher EBP sub than the T1. That's why it does better in small volumes.

Also, when you lower tuning on a small box you cause low end extension to fall at a higher frequency and more steeply. Add to that a low EBP sub and it only gets worse.

The box this sub is in is not too large and frankly, it's not tuned too high for the sub to perform well.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

I personally like the way the aeros look in OPs build, I'd continue to rock them. Id being them closer to the sub so they fully clear those obstructions and fire into the cabin. Great looking install btw, very clean I love it. Good choice in equipment also, looks like the same two amps I have(for now bwahaha).

I don't like that there is only two inches of clearance behind those ports in the box, I would think they get some turbulence from that(which is bad). I too, would redesign to have a better sounding setup than your current one. It's probably tune mid 30s and call it a day. Port area is important when doing then next box. You need enough to avoid port noise. Do you experience any noise now, that you know of at least?

Thank sir, they sound good and i dont hear any port noise. I built the box to just fit in the trunk and be removalable. Any larger and it wouldnt fit, next box will have to be built in the trunk, yuck.

Ya i like all the RF Power equipment and rest of the build is way solid but the sub enclosure and right now i have no desire to rebuild, maybe this summer.

Thanks for all the input from the SMD pros. I will have to accept a box rebuild to get a lower tuned box.

The T2 is a higher EBP sub than the T1. That's why it does better in small volumes.

Also, when you lower tuning on a small box you cause low end extension to fall at a higher frequency and more steeply. Add to that a low EBP sub and it only gets worse.

The box this sub is in is not too large and frankly, it's not tuned too high for the sub to perform well.

Thats encouraging news. I dont really have anything to compare it to so i just dont know how good it can or should sound. I have a pretty good audio ear and it sounds good to me. Hits hard off that T1500 in 1 ohm, i dont listen to alot of rap or R & B. Rock & classic rock & Heavy Metal but sometimes i like to put some music with more bass in. I guess i am reaching for a fix to a problem that might not exist. ?

I can take to the local shop and see what those guys think. I have talked with them a few times. Other options take the seats out and go GETTO style and get the sons T1D415s in his box hes not using and throw it in the back. See how they sound on the T1500. LOL

Just use a couple of elbows to make the ports 18" in length, it will tune you to 34Hz, that will do it to reach the lower bass you want.

When you are ready to rebuild you can likely do a 15", that will increase your output quite a bit if done right, the box wouldn't need to be much lager than the one you have right now.

Just use a couple of elbows to make the ports 18" in length, it will tune you to 34Hz, that will do it to reach the lower bass you want.

When you are ready to rebuild you can likely do a 15", that will increase your output quite a bit if done right, the box wouldn't need to be much lager than the one you have right now.

Thanks, i am on Precision Aero Ports site using the tool calculater and 1 4" @ 9.8" is 32 HZ from what it says so i might make a cover for one port and try it. ?

Archived