Second Skin Audio

Can i make this enclosure better? Help?

bcbrassard

Just use a couple of elbows to make the ports 18" in length, it will tune you to 34Hz, that will do it to reach the lower bass you want.

When you are ready to rebuild you can likely do a 15", that will increase your output quite a bit if done right, the box wouldn't need to be much lager than the one you have right now.

Thanks, i am on Precision Aero Ports site using the tool calculater and 1 4" @ 9.8" is 32 HZ from what it says so i might make a cover for one port and try it. ?

You shouldn't because your port area would be too low, at higher output you will very likely experience port noise.

actually, Rockford suggests 1 4" port 9" in length with a 1.75cuft net box. when I was deciding between the t2 and t1 a Rockford tech told me that they both will work in similar boxes. said the t2 would be better in a larger box then the t1 but a good range to work with for either of them is 2-2.75cuft. that was with the earlier t2 (the one with the metal dust cap) model though. I don't know the differences between the 2 different models but that's just what I was told by them.

I don't see finding something to stuff in one of the ports to block it off as a bad test. worst case scenario you unplug the port and move on, no harm done.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Thanks, i think i will try to play around with that. There is so much conflicting info that it gets confusing. Like 2 3" @ 9.3 = 36 Hz. I am willing to upgrade to a T2 12 or a 15" to help reduce box size and tune lower. I will keep working it out in my head and wait for others to chim in on opinions. Thanks to all that have help so far. Oh i plan to make triangle peices to seal off next to the ports. I have MDF & fabric left over so it just a matter of whipping somethng out.

If you look at their high output suggestion you will find that it suggest a port area of 3"x13.75", that would be 41.25 square inches, 2 4" ports is only 25.12 and 2 3" is 14.13 square inches, and you are overpowering the sub with the T1500. Feel free to experiment but if I wanted high output and increased low end I'd easily pass on the 3" ports.

^^ I agree there, for slot Ports they suggest a much bigger port area. they say that since aero Ports are more efficient a smaller port area works for them. I'm iffy on that much less though.

Checked on the displacement of the t1 15 and they said it's listed correctly at .54

A also the 15 for a.d. shoot port they recommend around 45-50"of port but in a larger box. Roughly .5 cuft bigger according to the manual. ( 3"x16.75)

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Strange that the T1 15 is .54 cu ft and the T1 12 is listed as .099 cu ft.

Well, enclosure is 3.117. That includes speaker displacement but not Aero Ports. I forgot, whats the formula to figure those out and do i need to subtract them from the 3.117? I imagine so.

double post

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

yeah you have to subtract port displacement. I use torres for that though. knowing that a flared port will take up a little more then a non flared port I add roughly .01-.02 to the total displacement including any bracing or 45s. isn't the best but better then nothing imo.

also, from my understanding decreasing volume increases tuning and vice versa for lowing tuning.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

Archived