Second Skin Audio

My Findings...

ParDeus

Define output.

What's louder on the meter may not be pleasant (or even louder) to the ears.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

Gotcha, I just bought 2 badass woofers and in the same box, same settings as my 14 year old DD's, and you can barely hear them. Airspace and port is right.

They are 2 Havoc motors with zv4 cones and surrounds, 4 layer flatwound coils, dual 10" spiders etc. They had never been powered up until yesterday, but they are barely audible. They are in phase, wired correctly, could read fine, triple checked my settings, etc. Only thing is there is no gasket due to that surround. Hopefully it's just an air leak.

Interesting. Still tuned in

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

This is Double 07...You know the guy you got those subs from......The air leaks will affect performance for sure but the main reason you lost output in my opinion is that you went from two DD 12s that are older than the Mayflower and rated at 1k to a pair of custom built subs that were under rated a little at 1500rms.....Those beasts will probably handle damn near 2k each unclipped.....So you are what feeding them 500-600 per sub?......

Something like that. I'm happy with the subs, I'm just hoping it was my high quality sawzall job (lol) that is causing the reduced performance. I'm goingright now to get some gasket foam for them. I was a little scared, because they really only hit one note, anything else they just move, no noise. I couldn't even get a piece of paper to dance in the port, where before it'd go nuts.

The new rcas will be in by noon.

And PS- For everyones info, Brian (powderblucivic) is the fucking MAN!!!

I figured it was power being supplied to the subs or air leak. I'm sure those subs are mean as hell(the new AA hybrids). With some serious power, I'll bet they wake up and get the job done.

Any idea on T/S specs on these subs, or the stiffness of the dual spiders used Pwdrblucivic?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

So probably safe to say higher Fs, like mid 30s or higher? If Qes was known, the enclosure would be a snap to figure out. The addition of mass or Mms(more than a stock Havoc) and the higher Fs would drive the Qes up, purely from mathematics. Since Qes is determined by 2*Pi*Mms*Fs*Re divided by Bl squared. With mass likely increasing do to beefier spiders, large surround and likely a heavier cone, along with a higher Fs caused by this added Mass. It surely has a higher Fs and electrical Q or Qes than a bone stock Havoc.

Edit- I'm unsure if the spiders used are stiffer than the stock spiders used in a Havoc but I'd assume yes. I wonder if this will act to kind of over dampen the mechanical movement. That may be negated if the voice coil former used was a metal like aluminium.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived