Daniel Nedregård Posted February 2, 2014 Report Posted February 2, 2014 Hi there, new to this forum btw I've been recently having some big problems with my install. I have focal componets in the front, and some focal 6X9 in the back, 2 sundown audio sa-12's, all run by matching amplifiers, with a kenwood head unit in the front. After installing my third battery things have gone pretty bad, slowly but surely. In the beginning there was some random static noise coming from the speakers, the noise was showing up randomly and rarely. Then some time later without making any adjustments the alternator whine made it's appearance on top of some more frequent and more severe noise, the noise is best described as static which muffles the audio signal. Recently I moved the amplifiers and rearranged som wiring som make sure the magnetic field from the power cables could in no way interferere with the signal wiring coming from the HU. It WORKED, or so i thought, I cranked it up pretty good and played cleanly and loudly for 10 mins with the engine runnig. Then I took the car for a little drive and it all got pretty fucked up again. Only this time, no persistent static, no alternator whine, just av voilent cracking sound coming from the speakers. The weird thing is that when the volume is low, it sounds good, but when it goes above 20-30 % the cracking sound comes through. I don't think it is the speakers... I thinking maybe the HU or the amplfier running the speakers is fucked. I've checked the stock electrical system of the car with a professional, he couldn't find anything wrong with it. It's so frustrating, I've checked grounds, no loose wiring, there must be a component or something broken, or maybe not ? Something I've missed here? Is there anyone with similiar experience?
pickup1 Posted February 2, 2014 Report Posted February 2, 2014 After installing third battery...... is you car eating batteries?
jmanjr82 Posted February 2, 2014 Report Posted February 2, 2014 Can you take pictures of the grounds for the amps your using? I am leaning towards a bad ground or faulty rcas. If you have a spare HU or a buddy has one you can try that first. If you have another set of rcas you can just run them over seats etc to eliminate that from being the problem as well.
Daniel Nedregård Posted February 3, 2014 Author Report Posted February 3, 2014 The RCA's are running on three years now, it might be the problem. I just checked with a different HU, still the same noise. Havent done the big three, stock alternator so I'm thinking it's not crucial, I know I would get a better charging voltage, but I dont see how it can cause that kind of noise, we will see. By the third battery I ment that I have been increasing the number of batteries gradually, all three are working just fine(simultaneously). Im grounded at the seatbelts, should be fine. Ill check the rcas ASAP and see what happens.. Btw, could it be the amp? Yes, the HU is grounded to factory ground. Thank You
bigmizzle99 Posted February 3, 2014 Report Posted February 3, 2014 I grounded at the seat belts but was not pleased, I still heard faint alternator whine. Not saying thats your problem, just adding some flavor. Also, I was using some RCAs that caused me to lose a channel occasionally. It happened when I hit a hard bump in the road. Never figured out why, but I fixed the issue by replacing the RCAs. You should definitely try to isolate to an amp too, see if you can isolate the noise to either front, rear, or sub, then swap amps to see if the noise follows the amp. I did that with my "dropped" channel as I thought it was the amp, but it would drop where ever I plugged the RCAs. Thats how I figured it out. Camaro SS Build Altima build 2.0 Altima build 1.0
Daniel Nedregård Posted February 3, 2014 Author Report Posted February 3, 2014 Bought som premium grade rca's, still noisy, even running the rca's over the seats far away from any metal. I got two amps side by side, is it possible that they are too close to each other? Like, what would happen if two amps touch each other? The noise is on all the channels unfortunately... I should probably ground it all better then.
finkster Posted February 3, 2014 Report Posted February 3, 2014 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/178159-read-this-before-posting-about-speaker-whine/ DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active Eclipse cd7000 I serve drunks for a living
Blake Farrar Posted April 16, 2014 Report Posted April 16, 2014 Im having a similar problem with my system now did you ever find the problem?
Blake Farrar Posted April 16, 2014 Report Posted April 16, 2014 Im having a similar problem with my system now did you ever find the problem?
finkster Posted April 16, 2014 Report Posted April 16, 2014 Im having a similar problem with my system now did you ever find the problem? Read this. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/178159-read-this-before-posting-about-speaker-whine/ DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active Eclipse cd7000 I serve drunks for a living
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.