Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Enclosure for T2D415


ReaperX

Recommended Posts

Posted

Guys, Im in the final steps of building my system

Im focusing on the box now.....the sub will be a single RF T2D415 and the amp a T2500 bdCP

Ive observed RF has two recomendations, one "vented" and one "vented high output"

Well...I dont know much about enclosures so Im asking for help

I was thinking about building a wedge box, with maximum dimensions:

39 inches wide

21 inches tall

As for being a wedge:

minor depth : 8 inches

larger depth: 15 inches

I wanted something that would be tuned in a certain way that it will hit the lows beautifully, but that should also play higher notes with good SPL

RF's design for a vented (not high output) closure is tuned to 36 Hz....as can be seen either on the owners manual or here:

http://rats.rockfordfosgate.com/tier3.asp?p_side_nav=3&locale=en_US&p_vehicle_type_id=4&p_series_id=32&p_component_type_id=3#ajax_getSubwoofers.asp?locale=en_US&p_vehicle_type_id=4&p_series_id=32&p_component_type_id=3&p_subwoofer_item_id=117866

Do you guys think it would do OK?

As for that.....if I change the dimensions but keep the final volume the same, with the PORT being the same size and dimensions, it will have the same result right?

Posted

One helleva amp to power that sub, I see you're going at 2 ohms (1200 watt sub). Plan on getting a second sub down the line?

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Posted

Yes! I plan on getting a second sub some day

BTW, do you guys think it is possible to build a box for two of these subs (T2) made from FIBERGLASS?

That would be nice to save weight!

Posted

Yes, anywhere from about 32-36 hz would be amazing in the lows and highs.. I guess it depends on your preference to what you consider lows and highs but for the most part yes, at least to me.. It's nowhere near a t2 but I have a p3 15 in a custom enclosure in a L port tuned to 35 hz and I absolutely love the tuning.. Loud as hell in high & low notes, and has good sound quality.. I would say go for about a 33-34 hz tuning, that way if your off somewhere on your port length or width by accident and so forth, you'll either be on the money, or you would be slightly lower in tuning or higher.. A little room for error always helps..

Posted

Go for a smaller box and lower tuning since you are going to be overpowering the hell out of that sub with that amp. It should help keep the cone under control I am doing a T1D410 right now on 1 k in a small box and I love how it sounds.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

 

 

Posted

Be carefull with that much power on rockfords aluminum cone,they get very soft when heated by accoustical energy or squarr wave clipping. And be extra carefull in an enclosure bigger then 3 cubes net.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2855 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...