Apparently 154db can kill you

I guess it would depend on what frequency is being played, but to make the claim it can kill is a bit of a stretch unless they are talking like something used as torture over a long period of time.

Dunno though, maybe yes, maybe no.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Don't make him count his horns.

All kidding aside...what makes them suspect it will kill someone?

EDIT: I also dislike the fact the whenever the "loudest sound system ever" gets media coverage, they flake it over with the whole - If you want to listen to your music as loud as possible, come to this fuckin place.

Audio is way more than just being loud, but they make it look like all we care about is playing loud music.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

I don't think I can believe this.. I didn't read it but I assume it's under certain circumstances as stated above, but 154db just listening to it will not kill you. Obviously cause it happens all the time xD

Vehicle: 1988 Cadillac Brougham

Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS Head Unit

Custom box built by me (designed by forum member g2shuck)

(1) DC XL 15

(2) SQ q1-1200d

(2) Crescendo PWX-6's.

(more to come someday.)

sorry for the double post.. my bad

Vehicle: 1988 Cadillac Brougham

Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS Head Unit

Custom box built by me (designed by forum member g2shuck)

(1) DC XL 15

(2) SQ q1-1200d

(2) Crescendo PWX-6's.

(more to come someday.)

The way I see it, imagine hearing the upper upper frequencies (not gonna throw any specific ones out there since I'm no expert, but I'm sure some of you have a feel for what I'm talking about) at 154 DB, its totally different than hearing 20-80 HZ at the same decibel level. Extreme upper frequencies in vehicles with insane highs tend to me give me headaches and give a rattling feeling inside of my head, idk whats going on up there, but I'm sure its nothing good lol so I guess I can see how. It's just the way I see it, I'm no expert lol

1898070_635754349830843_1457278514_n_zps

Archived